LegacyGT.com

oddest radio problem

ssaldana

This just happened to me. I was driving down to Louisville on Saturday morning and looked down and the lights on the AC and radio were all out. I had sunglasses on and thought it was just glare or something since it was so sunny outside. Turned the lights on and off and nothing could get them to come back on. They did it three times the rest of the two hour trip and it really freaked me out. I am going to go to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

I am on my third Radio because of this same problem. I get terrible radio noise now when the fan kicks on. The noise plays through all of the speakers. When mine goes it I can not change the climate control because the whole housing goes dark.

Wow! There I was a little upset that I didn't have climate control, after reading this thread I am happy I have manual. But I still have the rattles. The door one just appeared this week. :iam: Toyota better hurry up and inject some quality back into Subaru!:icon_mad:

My '05 did the CD to FM a few times so last time I was in for oil change I mentioned it to the service guy. It must be a known problem because they just simply ordered a new stereo and didn't even ask questions. Gets installed next week sometime. Andy

• 1 month later...
Same crap just started happening in my car. Last two mornings HVAC and radio lights aren't on, but both are functioning. On the way home from work they were on both times. Very strange...I tried light switch and ill switch and it didn't turn on display lights either day. I did get a new ECU put in on Tuesday because of cooling fan not turning off, any relation to new ECU or messing with fuses when dealer did ECU swap?

[quote name='legandrex']Same crap just started happening in my car. Last two mornings HVAC and radio lights aren't on, but both are functioning. On the way home from work they were on both times. Very strange...I tried light switch and ill switch and it didn't turn on display lights either day. I did get a new ECU put in on Tuesday because of cooling fan not turning off, any relation to new ECU or messing with fuses when dealer did ECU swap?[/QUOTE] I could be wrong, but I don't think the Radio HVAC problem is related to the ECU. Mine flickered on and off on a trip then about a week later just went out. Never had any problems with the ECU.

Archived