LegacyGT.com

CA passes world's toughest smog laws

Tide

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it. After we're gone, our children will still have to breathe the air. Hopefully, California will start a trend. Even more hopefully, the U.S. will sign on to Kyoto. But I am an acknowledged tree hugger. Kevin

Aha, I found a rebuttal for you hippie. :) [url]http://www.cei.org/gencon/003,04222.cfm[/url] What I want to know is what the hell happened to the solar energy revolution, where are our hydrogen fuel cells? Where are the bio-diesel dealerships? This technology is old. It should be common place. I keep hearinig all these wonderful promises for the future but simple things like batteries haven't progressed in 15 years (lion, 150 for lead acid). Dear god, Regis Philbin is singing now! Sorry, I was typing my message and had to look at the tv to see what that screeching was.

I'm with Kevin on his views. I live in Southern California when I'm not at school and have been to LA countless times, so I know how bad it can get there. I think it's a good measure to protect the environment in which we live in, even if it's just the small state of California, and ensure it is habitable for future generations. Imagine Earth covered entirely in smog. That's pretty gross if you ask me--whether you're a tree hugger or not. Without regulation and enforcement, sooner or later that's what the world would be like. That's just my addition to Kevin's view though. One thing I'm amazed about though is Arnold supporting this. Out of all people I'd least expect it--but that's okay. Good for him. :)
-ben

[quote name='Helfrick']Aha, I found a rebuttal for you hippie. :) [url]http://www.cei.org/gencon/003,04222.cfm[/url] What I want to know is what the hell happened to the solar energy revolution, where are our hydrogen fuel cells? Where are the bio-diesel dealerships? This technology is old. It should be common place. I keep hearinig all these wonderful promises for the future but simple things like batteries haven't progressed in 15 years (lion, 150 for lead acid). Dear god, Regis Philbin is singing now! Sorry, I was typing my message and had to look at the tv to see what that screeching was.[/quote] Once you understand what CEI is, by reading the "about" part of the organization's web site, you understand why they would say what they say. Unfortunately, environmental damage is very real, and is only getting worse. Wonder if Governor Ah-nold will custom build a hybrid Hummer? :lol: Kevin

Archived