LegacyGT.com

First MAJOR Repairs to my XT

SoldonSubie

Posting here because they are components that are identical on GT models. Had the power steering pump replaced today as I was getting a high pitched whining and not so positive :( feed back when turning the wheel. All seems OK now. Second is I’ve been getting a “stutter” when the wheel is fully turned and pulling into a parking space. Feels like I’m driving over ribs in the road or the tire is touching the inner wheel well. Neither one. Mt center differential (AWD) needs to be replaced. All warranty work but kind of disappointing. When Subaru targeted VW/Audi I wasn’t expecting this! :roll:

And how hard have you been driving the car? I also don't think there will be any sharing of some of those parts. The FXT is based on the Impreza platform, the new Legacy GT is not. So, I may be wrong, but I doubt they share the same steering set up and parts, and my not share many components in the center diff either. somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Driver72']And how hard have you been driving the car? I also don't think there will be any sharing of some of those parts. The FXT is based on the Impreza platform, the new Legacy GT is not. So, I may be wrong, but I doubt they share the same steering set up and parts, and my not share many components in the center diff either. somebody correct me if I'm wrong.[/quote] Um, no. He means Outback XT.

Jedimaster is right. It's a OB XT. Sorry about the confusion :oops: I have 4,100 miles on it. The center differential problem started showing up at 3,500 miles or so. The service manager called it right away. He told me to drive it for a couple of days as he's seen it several times before and it usually works itself out. Well it didn't and now they are most likely going to replace it (vs. rebuilding it themselves at the dealer). They did say that this was the first time they saw the problem on an 05. The power steering problem developed at about 3,800 miles and got worse. My driving is "spirited" but not hard. Most of my shifting is between 3,000 and 3,500. Maybe two or three times a day I'll go over 4k with an occasional red line.

Archived