LegacyGT.com

Humor Me Please...

First off I know :needpics: but I am digital camera deficient and I refuse to own a camera phone. But humor me...since you all seem to be good at this! Guy in my apt. complex had a '03 SVT drop top 'Stang (it was sweet!) with personalized SVT tags. For some reason he decided to trade the '03 SVT for a Acura RSX (im assuming used '03ish model) that has "just for looks" written all over it (18" chrome wheels with a coffee can attached)...but he transferred his tags over!!! So the RSX has SVT tags....I saw that this morning had just had to stop and laugh a good 5 mins be4 I could leave to go to work. Where is Bill Engvall with a "Here's Your Sign.."? Kenda

People get so brainwashed over those goofy Acuras. Is it just me, or doesn't the RSX look like a slightly more sloped Chevy Cavalier? A REAL EYE-CATCHER... yep. And its not much of a performance car either, that is unless you race other Cavaliers with it. I would say that guy has been bit by a mosquito carrying the ricer virus, no other explanation makes sense. -

OMFG WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!! Maybe he couldn't handle the power, those Cobras are animals. But he put SVT tags on a Honda, what a desecration. So he's going to dump tons of money into making the RSX into a loud, obnoxious, and uncomfortable car that still isn't very fast. The Cobra is an animal out the door, and the performance potential in extremely high. The Cobra can be easily modded to put down 650 - 700 rwhp. That much power is insane. I'd see if he bought a TL, because he felt that the Cobra was too much of an animal for him and he wanted something that was more comfortable and upscale. But he basically bought a "sporty" Honda and tried to make it look fast. That's an idiot. - Mike

I dunno why he did it! I was kinda pissed. Granted my "heavy american car with a screaming pushrod v8" fetish wont go far here, but to completely downgrade potential to no potential is INSANE! And the tag transfer..I mean really did he think it was gonna be "cute"? Kenda

[quote name='Whitestar Pilot']Is it just me, or doesn't the RSX look like a slightly more sloped Chevy Cavalier? A REAL EYE-CATCHER... yep. -[/quote] That's sooooo weird. I thought I was the only one who thought that? I remember when I first saw it, I said that to friends. Now it's sort of grown on me. 2 of my best friends have them. Nice enough car, just not my style.

[quote]He probably couldn't afford the payments on the svt, imho.[/quote] You are probably right b/c I think I did hear him oversay something about him alost doubling what he was paying. Common sense should prevail and say "Duh, if ya cant afford it dont buy it!" Then again common sense apparently ain't common... Kenda

The only thing I enjoy about the RSX is the seats in the Type S version, they are stellar otherwise the car isn't worth my pissing on. The Integra R was a far better car, too bad it was still FWD.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Archived