LegacyGT.com

Legacy Rental Equivalent

I, too, am a victim of the recent rash of random asian vehicles targeting Legacies. A girl pulled a complete DWA a few days ago and pulled out of her parking spot right into the side of my car.

Her insurance company is going to cover a rental while the body damage to my car is getting fixed. My insurance agent said that I willl get an equivalent vehicle.

Any chance at all that I can dodge a Camry? :confused: (And no--Ford Taurus doesn't count as dodging a Camry)

By the way, there is a small chunk (the size of a pencil eraser) taken out of the edge of my tire. It looks like it is starting to tear a tiny bit--do you think I can convince them to change it (and thus, change all 4)?

For insurance-rental purposes, a Camry isn't insulting... be happy they're not offering an Aveo (I once had them propose to rent me a Ford Aspire as a substitute for my VR6 Jetta GLX... they eventually got real and gave me a Maxima.) Several companies rent Outbacks and I've seen a 2.5i Wagon rental here in SA, so it's worth looking for but you're probably stuck with whatever Enterprise has available. Insurance companies love Enterprise.

They always offer crap. I was driving my brother's Honda Civic for a while and I rear-ended someone. They offered me a Chevy Aveo--I said no. They offered me a Sebring Convertible but this old lady called dibs from across the room. They gave me a Nissan XTerra.

I'm going to try to swing a Maxima, I guess.

I'm thinking they're going to try to stick me with:

Aveo

G6

Impala/Camry/Etc.

Archived