LegacyGT.com

Noise during breaking, help!

atouk

I have been getting some slight noise and vibration during breaking at high speed. I have a 06 LGT sedan with about 1500 miles on it. It is a soft drumming noise that comes from the front brakes and is sometimes accompanied by a slight steering wheel shake. This only happens (or is noticeable) when I’m breaking at highway speeds. Cars I’ve had in the past that got similar symptoms ended up having warped rotors, but this was always towards the end of the rotor’s lifetime. Could a new car have a warped rotor already? Could it be something else, like a pad problem? Any ideas before I schedule service to check this out?

Thanks!

I had the same problem. I took the car to the dealer and they resurfaced my rotors and the problem is gone (for free). They said it was from deposits on my rotors... i.e. from using the parking break, etc.

Huhn? I thought the LGT used a drum parking brake. Why would that affect the disc part? :icon_conf

I had a similar problem on my old IS300..and it turned out to be a bent inner lip on my rim..The dealer missed it when I took it in. I got the rotors replaced but the problem remained.

I would check the wheels first..I think it is very odd to have this problem with only 1500 miles.

Good luck.

Archived