LegacyGT.com

anyone custom exhaust?

Evilleg

I had a custom one fabricated out of magnaflow parts....mufflers and tips along with the y-pipe. I think it sounds great. So far as power increase I can't really comment b/c I went from stock to full catless with a FMIC and a 20G with full supporting mods. But overall, I've heard that getting one done is a lot cheaper...although it may be just a tad off from aftermarket perfect fitment. (My one tip sticks out an 1/8th of an inch further, which noone notices except me...lol)

Lonnie

I had a custom one fabricated out of magnaflow parts....mufflers and tips along with the y-pipe. I think it sounds great. So far as power increase I can't really comment b/c I went from stock to full catless with a FMIC and a 20G with full supporting mods. But overall, I've heard that getting one done is a lot cheaper...although it may be just a tad off from aftermarket perfect fitment. (My one tip sticks out an 1/8th of an inch further, which noone notices except me...lol)

Lonnie

We always notice those small differences on our own cars.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

We built the one on my car from the Y-pipe back using two Magnaflow #14827 cans. Kept the stock resonator pipe on the car. Perfect sound for the car if you just want everybody to know that car has a boxer motor yet stay quiet at the same time.:icon_cool

05 STI CGM~520whp/463wtq...more to come!

08 STI Aspen White/Gold BBS~305whp/365wtq:D

Both tuned by Scott Siegel!

you're going foward and to the left?? Wouldnt it be shorter to exit to the rear of the right front wheel???

Yeah, But this is what my exhaust guy is leaning towards. I will have to ask about that since as usual you make some good points:icon_mrgr

Yeah, But this is what my exhaust guy is leaning towards. I will have to ask about that since as usual you make some good points:icon_mrgr

oh, while you are at it, you should get the side pipe to be crushed to have some ground clearance and make it into a 2-tip side exhaust or use and SVO (mustang aftermarket side exit tip) exhuast tip:

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/images/Exhaust/cdc-103008.jpg

I would have done this a long time ago, but my race rules wont allow me to run without a cat. Maybe later when I dont care as much, I will run with same setup as you are, but just becareful of your side skirt, you'll shoot flames to your right passenger door ;)

I might just end up replacing my entire right side skirt with a black long exhaust pipe :lol:

http://www.bmw-spanos.gr/ac-schnitzer/images/gtr.jpg

Keefe

I've also built my own exhaust from roughly the "y" back . I removed the secondary cat and resonator section. Back to a high-flow muffler and 3" pilot tip. The sound is nice at idle a low rumble,coming up thru the rpm's is sweet,plus alot more pull up the hills now or it's seems that way. I'll try to get some clips soon. Since i just finished it up on Sunday. I enjoy the DIY stuff, so far intake,exhaust,and grill oh and almost done the tint.

Archived