LegacyGT.com

07 Legacy 2.5i Limited, Deal?

pengrus

I was quoted for $350 over invoice with $750 rebate for a 07 Legacy 2.5i Limited in New Port Blue in Norcal.

Is this a good price? I was aiming for Invoice price.

Thanks for your input.

Get below or closer to invoice.

I got quote for 2007 2.5i Legacy wagon manual for $1900 BELOW invoice, after the $750 rebate. That was for real from a reputable dealer.

One of the best tips I can give you is to get multiple quotes from different dealers. Go to their website and e-mail a salesperson/internet sales, and give them the specs you want. They will e-mail you a price, take the lowest one with you when you go into the dealer as a little leverage. When they spout off a price, pull it out and let them know that you'll take it @ that price, or go elsewhere.

When I bought my car, the dealer wanted just over $24,000 for it, by the time I was done, I had the car out the door for $19,006 after rebate.

For some great info and tips, go to www.carbuyingtips.com.

Have Camera...Will Travel

~2007 LegacyGT.com Calendar (October)~

Are you serious? How do they make money?

Yes, I am serious. In fact $19k even out the door including documentaion fee and temporary registration. Sales tax/tags/title extra. I decided not to buy for now though.

Invoice is not really what dealers pay. They have holdbacks, dealer only incentives, etc.

In fact in case of Subarus which are not hot sellers paying invoice is nothing special, paying above invoice is super lame.

I think there's regional differences in hold backs. I don't think you can get $1900 plus $750 below invoice in the western zone. I have heard of great deals like this on end of year and even mid-year vehicles, but the 07's are just coming out. Call or e-mail a bunch of Internet Managers and see who wants to play. The problem is that there is not many LGT Limiteds around to begin with, if you want a base or an SE, there's more choice.

i was told there wasn't a 750 cash back but I'm not sure if that was just on the GT or not. I paid close to invoice as they added few dealer options I wanted into the deal. it's an 07 GT - literally right off the truck - they only one they had yet to recieve so I thought that was a good as I was going to get at the time.

Archived