LegacyGT.com

suby tech

motoracer

Guest *Jedimaster*
new to the boards, coming from an wrx wagon stg 3 picking up a 06 LGT wagon.

if anyone needs any mechanical help or question feel free to ask

I'm in Middletown- PM me some info and I can probably shoot you some business- I assume you're looking to work off the books?

Hey suby tech, I just ordered a couple of perrin mufflers are these easy to install. I am thinking a couple of bolts and I am in? I have 17000miles on the car so I dont think the bolts should be too bad. Thanks

you should be okay, i just removed an uppipe/turbo back off of my wrx wagon with hand tools in my garage this past weekend (53,000miles). at work i just use my air tools. spray some penetrating oil on the bolts/nuts a few minute before you start (PB Blast is the best)

Guest *Jedimaster*
I didn't know you were in Middletown...I used to live in Scotch Town, and now in Middletown NJ

Cool- we have a property in Scotchtown. Dude, we gotta meet up sometime.

Motoracer, care to comment on this issue? My '04 OB with 31K miles has an intermittent belt squeal and when I checked it I noticed the AC clutch pulley is covered in brown dust. My guess is the clutch material is causing the dust and maybe causing the belt to sometimes slip. The dealer insists the clutch dust is normal. The AC operation is mostly normal but on really hot humid days it seems to struggle. Thanks.

Motoracer, care to comment on this issue? My '04 OB with 31K miles has an intermittent belt squeal and when I checked it I noticed the AC clutch pulley is covered in brown dust. My guess is the clutch material is causing the dust and maybe causing the belt to sometimes slip. The dealer insists the clutch dust is normal. The AC operation is mostly normal but on really hot humid days it seems to struggle. Thanks.

A/C compressor should be ok, check to see how much deflection you have on your acessorie belt (how much you can push the belt in the middle between the pullies. may just need your belt tightened. your still under the 36k warranty, tell em you want your A/C checked (especially how much freon was recovered, should be right around .055kg) and to check the belt. should be of no charge.

lemme know what happens. which dealership.

i know alot of people don't like Bill Kolb Subaru (being a NASIOC, SQC, and now LGT member) if any of you guys have any service issues ask for me, lateef yamamoto, my service manager knows that i'm friends w/ many subie enthusiast and most likley work with you.

Welcome. Quick question, my oil fill cap has been very hard to turn and remove after checking/adding etc. Is my pcv valve clogged, stuck closed? BTW I have a catch can. Thanks.

try replacing your rubber gasket on your oil filler cap, i had a buddy w/ a greddy cap w/ same problem and we changed the gasket and that worked for him. lemme know if you need one

Archived