LegacyGT.com

My radio is possessed

Nachowang

So I think my radio is possessed. One day I start my car and the radio is off and would not turn back on no matter how many times I hit the power button. Ok, I restart the car and it fixed itself. Another time im listening to the radio and all of a sudden the volume goes down to 0 and kept moving from 0-1-0-1, im like WTH so I turned it up and shrugged it off. Now when my lights and radios are on at the same time, the lighting on the radio/ac unit starts to flicker by diming on and off, seriously...WTF?

On a sidenote, my glove box is F'ed up too where the back end falls down completely cause its off the tracks. I align it back and it still falls. This would be my 4th and 5th warranty issue I've had with this car....sigh.:( I hate going to the dealer.

I had something similar w/ my radio/HVAC controls. Nothing with the volume, but the displays on both the radio and HVAC would periodically flicker in and out and then be fine. It was driving me nuts and I almost took it in, but then it abruptly stopped doing it and hasn't done it for like 8000 miles. Apparently this is a common thing with this integrated radio/HVAC. Something to do with the power supply. Maybe this is what you are experiencing?? Maybe, with a little luck, it will quit doing it like mine did??

This is a wild guess... but have you tried cleaning the battery terminals? I noticed you said that this happens when it is humid (rain).

My friend's BMW 7 series was possessed... or so it seemed. He later found a TSB on the internet that described his symptoms. The TSB solution was to clean and securely fasten the battery terminals.

I have had poor starting performance due to corrosion on battery terminals. That's why I went with a sealed battery.

Anyway, it doesn't hurt and it only takes 10 minutes if you already have a 10 mm wrench and a battery post wire brush cleaner.

Archived