LegacyGT.com

Clear Bra / Clearshield experiences on white cars?

JGR

The car is new so i thought I'd start before the rockchips do! Some people have said that some of the clear application products look poorly on white cars because it looks "yellowish." Does anyone have any long term experience with Clear Bra, Rock Blocker, Stone Gaurd, etc. on white cars? -JGR

• 4 weeks later...
I have rockblocker on my car, whole front end kit and the lens shields for my lights. Lens shields (head light and fog) are unnoticeable unless you look up close, and very thick for protection. The clear bra kit is nice and discrete. IF you are picky, and I mean meticulously picky, the only down side with the hood piece is that the area on the hood which is covered looks slightly hazy after a good wax job. If you are standing 6-8 feet away, its barely noticeable. Other than that I would recommend rockblocker for their great prices and LIFETIME warranty.

[quote name='JGR']The car is new so i thought I'd start before the rockchips do! Some people have said that some of the clear application products look poorly on white cars because it looks "yellowish." Does anyone have any long term experience with Clear Bra, Rock Blocker, Stone Gaurd, etc. on white cars? -JGR[/QUOTE]the companies you mentioned dont make the actual film, they design kits that are made with the popular availabe paint protection films on the market;) As for the films, the only ones I would recommend using are Venture, 3M, and Llumar. All these are quality urethane films, there are cheaper vinyl films still on the market that should be avoided. Vinly films are not as UV stable as urethane, this is why you see the vinly rear windows on covertable tops turn yellow after a few years. Many ofthe early clear bra installs were with vinyl films which began the stories of the yellowing, all reputable installers I know of use only urethane films which resist yellowing much better. I say "resist" because they are not 100% yellowing proof, in the past I found that the 3m brand would have a bit of a tint to it after a year or so on white cars, though on all other colors it was fine. 3M has also recently released a much improved version of their film which was meant to address this and other concerns installers had with the earlier film, its been out for a bit less than a year now so we will see how it goes. The Venture and Llumar films also look fine on white and also come with lifetime warranties covering yellowing. If anyone has any other questions about paint protection film feel free to drop us a line!:) Jeremy [email="Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net"]Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net[/email]

[quote name='RockBlocker']Nice pics Jeremy!! and good info as well like always :) if anyone has any questions on our products please let us know. Be glad to help. Xmas is coming you know[/QUOTE] yeah the Carrera GT was a breeze, that enzo though, ugh...:p

Archived