LegacyGT.com

Saw a new Volvo S60 on I-75 today

Just saw a sweet next gen black S60 with NJ manufacturer plates traveling south on I-75 through Cincinnati. The car looks great. It is a little more subtle than the current version. I loved it.

Did not have a camera with me, but here are some pics I found on the net.

A new gen V70R will be a serious contender for my next ride - along with BMW 335tt (hopefully in a wagon form).

EDIT: the car looks a lot better in person than on the attached pictures...

new_s60_front_autobild.jpg.88ea176ee5bd3275ecdc315caf0e754f.jpg

new_s60_rear_autobild.jpg.8c8c864a91e39005ae23491235175d1b.jpg

I might be wrong, but it seemed a lot smaller that the S80.

Plus if you look at the engine cover (bonnet) of the S80 and S60, they are a little different. The s80 has two ridges, the S60 has only one...

but, whichever one that was, it looked pretty sexy!!! i'd hit it! :wub::lol:

it was not the S40, i am sure about that.

it was most likely the new S80, since like you guys have pointed out, the next gen S60 is still under wraps: http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/23/next-generation-volvo-s60-spied/

it was completely badgless and there were two guys in the car, and it had a whole bunch of electronics around the dash area... i gave them thumbs up and the driver smiled and started laughing.

Yeap. The new S80 is going to be a nice car especially with the Yamaha V8. The seats are super comfortable and the sound system really kicks @ss. Also early reviews seem to like the steering and lack of "float" in this Volvo.:wub:

http://www.volvocars.se/imageWeb/13cf2177-9dd3-436d-93ea-ec3d5351b313.jpg

But it's a Ford. The Yamaha V8 is what Ford was using in the Taurus. Volvo is known for inline engines not V's. Just look at the last V6 they had which was a Peugeot/Renault/Citroen engine.

That's the big reason I'm driving a LGT instead of a V70R, oh and the huge turning circle. The old RWD Volvo's can turn in under 30 feet, the R's can turn in 42 feet, big difference.

But it's a Ford. The Yamaha V8 is what Ford was using in the Taurus. Volvo is known for inline engines not V's. Just look at the last V6 they had which was a Peugeot/Renault/Citroen engine.

That's the big reason I'm driving a LGT instead of a V70R, oh and the huge turning circle. The old RWD Volvo's can turn in under 30 feet, the R's can turn in 42 feet, big difference.

I agree with the turning radius everything else is just wrong. The new S80 will have an I6 not V6 and will have a 37ft turning radius. Also they only switched to inline 6 in the late 90's (2.9l found in the s80/I5's) After a long affair with v's.

The yamaha V8 being the same as the Taurus? Same specs yes, but way different in design.

This thing is nice. Ford influence or not.

Also early reviews seem to like the steering and lack of "float" in this Volvo.:wub:

http://www.volvocars.se/imageWeb/13cf2177-9dd3-436d-93ea-ec3d5351b313.jpg

Well that would certainly be a first for Volvo!

Archived