LegacyGT.com

Gauge in AVO Pod Question

Pman2g

Ok I finally got my AVO pod tonight. Started messing around with it to decide if I want to build a base for it or not and noticed that the gauge's face doesnt sit snug against the outside of the pod when installed, its like its tilting up. Anyone know what to do to make it fit tight so its flat against the front of the pod?..Also, I think they modified the pod a little and put a little piece that goes in between the dash and the A pillar to hold better. If I sit the pod on the dash, there would be a big gap between the dash and the bottom of the pod. Anyone else notice this?? Any comments would help!

Yeh I saw your thread before. I dont think im going to need to make a base....i guess ill just maybe put some electrical tape around the gauge to make it fit snug...u put the gauge in from outside of the pod in right?

Yes you put it from the outside. I had to gently sand the inside to get a snug fit, the gauge wouldn't initially fit in the hole, then screwed down the ring on the inside of the gauge to tighten it down. I guess I'm lucky, I just pulled the wires and hose down to snug the pod to the pillar. I don't even have it glued to the pillar, since I smoke it helps to be able to move it a bit to clean the window. No rattles either.

man with you guys just pulling the wires tight, i think i am crazy, i am in the process of rebuilding my base, again....i didnt let the epoxy cure quite long enough the last time so it wasn't sitting flush.

the good news is it gets better every time. hopefully this time its rattle free :)

I think AVO must have changed how the pod is built with the piece of plastic that goes in between the dash and the a pillar. I didnt build a base, and removed the tape that they supplied for the a pillar and it is just find. No addl mods to make it stay.

Archived