LegacyGT.com

Impreza Subwoofer w/ Legacy?

liquidiq

I initially thought the Impreza sub was too big. In fact, I sold the one out of my 03 WRX after I could not get it under the seat of my new 05 OB XT. When I ordered the "right" sub for the 05 Leg/OB, it looked exactly the same as my old WRX sub. And it was s tight fit to wedge it under the seat, but it does fit. The only thing you get by buying the Leg/OB version of the sub is the proper bracket -- the Impreza bracket would not work. But the sub itself, and the harness, are the same. Craig

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='c_hunter']I initially thought the Impreza sub was too big. In fact, I sold the one out of my 03 WRX after I could not get it under the seat of my new 05 OB XT. When I ordered the "right" sub for the 05 Leg/OB, it looked exactly the same as my old WRX sub. And it was s tight fit to wedge it under the seat, but it does fit. The only thing you get by buying the Leg/OB version of the sub is the proper bracket -- the Impreza bracket would not work. But the sub itself, and the harness, are the same. Craig[/quote] I thought the legacy one was smaller? If not, no reason not to pick up a used WRX sub and mount it with a custom bracket.

Yeah, i thought so too, but the sub itself is the same! I actually sold the sub out of my WRX and then paid another $50 for a new 05 Leg/OB sub. When I opened the box I almost barfed.... Either a custom bracket, or perhaps no bracket -- if you could attach the sub to the carpet with velcro or double sided foam tape, it would probably be just as solid. Craig

Archived