LegacyGT.com

My first service appointment

canis

I just dropped the Leggy off for it's first service appointment. It's got 32k on the clock, so warranty expiration is just around the corner. I loaded the stock base map from the AccessPort and dropped it off this morning.

I've got a headlight out, which they said would be covered. Also, the driver's door window switches stick. Finally, I'm missing the rubber fender-lip guard from one of the rear wheel wells.

While I was dropping it off, I checked in to the big 30k mile service. It was $785, but included a bunch of stuff I already did/will do/don't want done. So I picked about half of the list, and it came to $385. They're lubricating whatever, cooling system service (new thermostat and gasget), cleaning the fuel system, new fuel filter, 4-wheel alignment and some other nick-nacks.

Assuming all goes well, this may end up being a reasonable trip to the dealer! I've been very happy with the car and am impressed with the build quality and lack of issues from a first-model-year car. Think I'm getting my money's worth?

Fuel filter? I thought it was in the gas tank.

Wheel alignment...tires wearing funny? Unless there is tire wear or it pulls, this might not be necessary. Had my wife's Outback checked ($20, since no adjustments were done) and it was still within spec after 55,000 miles.

Ask for your old thermostat back (to make sure they replaced it). I personally think 30,000 is too soon, but what do I know. Good insurance I guess.

It is still ugly.

I swung by the dealership at lunch to check on it, and talked to the mechanic. He said the service-writer person made a mistake about the fuel filter b/c it's in the tank. He adjusted the front alignment a little, saying there was too much toe. Otherwise, everything checked out okay. They didn't mention anything about the SS brakelines or the fact that the tires have plenty of tread but the corners are totaly bald :p The other parts are on order, so I'll have to bring it back next week.

When going to the dealer, to I have to flash the base map or can I just do a real time?

Archived