LegacyGT.com

Coming to US? Maybe...

dkodyl

Ruedesheim, Germany - The Japanese car maker Subaru has announced that it is extending its model range in Germany with vehicles running on Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG). The chairman of Subaru Germany Jens Becker said "significant savings" could be achieved with vehicles equipped with LPG technology without a loss to performance, comfort and safety.

Subaru is currently working on an LPG version of the Tribeca with an extra price tag of 3,100 euros (3,970 dollars).

Autogas ecomatic technology is currently available for the two- litre versions of the Forester and Legacy, the 2.5-litre Outback and Impreza.

Although LPG is an attractive alternative to diesel, Subaru would also offer a four cylinder 110kW/150 hp diesel for the Legacy and later a six cylinder diesel version of the Tribeca early next year, the car maker announced.

The Tribeca, which is already available in the United States, would be launched in Europe in late 2006, Becker said. The Tribeca four-wheel drive is positioned between the van and SUV segments.

they also have bi-fuel

http://www.subaru.it/imgs/img_schemabifueljtg.gif

http://www.infomotori.com/foto/N/art_11656_7_Subaru_05.jpg

http://www.infomotori.com/foto/N/art_11656_8_Subaru_06.jpg

Dì yours to the Forum

Lago of Garda - Buongiorno Getlteman, wishes an car to benzine or diesel oil? I would prefer to GPL, thanks!

The dialogue can make sorridere or to turn out a po' strange but in truth, the costs of benzine and diesel oil to stars are literally rendering the visit from the service-station attendant proibitiva, without to forget that in the days of alternate plates not there is Euro4 certification that it holds.

+ satisfaction - pollution

The gas instead, is economic, sure and extremely ecological, and is for that very many constructors of automobiles, between which Subaru, they propose from some year to this part some of their models with feeding to GPL or methane, with full satisfaction of the customer and the communal administrations that, like incentive, offer a contribution of 1.500 euro...

Subaru Revolution

The interesting obtained numbers Impreza Bi-power must have convinced concern Subaru to us, than they have not only decided to throw again the offer also on Legacy and Forester, but they have put to point a system of extremely sophisticated feeding to GPL, called JTG, in a position to iniettare the gas to the liquid state through of the elettroiniettori ones connects to you together in "common-rail"...

Not to "lungs" or distributors for the passage of the gas from the liquid state to that gaseous one, therefore, but a system that doses with the maximum precision the fuel to the liquid state, assuring therefore one regolarità of exceptional operation, greater a gas performances and consumption managed in preciser way and taken care of directly from the edge telephone exchange electronic.

Verde or GPL, the performances do not change

This solution is introduced particularly interesting also from prestazionale point of view because the GPL, also having an inferior thermodynamic rendering, has greater a detonating power that concurs with the motors boxer Subaru, contraddistinti from an elevated compression ratio, of having an optimal volumetric efficiency.

Like if it were not enough, being less polluting to level than CO, HC and Nox, the GPL can be iniettato with a advanced molecular amount, arriving to the prestazionale balancing in the comparisons of the most expensive benzine, also respecting the rigid parameters antipollution Euro4 wide.

Therefore i 165 CV of Legacy 2,5...

They remain all to their place, ready to get loose on the four drive wheels making "lever" on the 226 Nm of the maximum brace to 4.400 giri/min... assuring 206 km/h of the maximum speed and 9,6 second ones in order to cover the classic passage from 0 to 100 km/h.

The propeller of the Legacy new, has been completely rivisitato regarding that one of the previous generation: the participations have interested the head, the pistons, the drive shaft, the tree to cammes, the drainage, the catalyst and not last the commando of the accelerator, than renunciation to the classic cable in order to adopt the by now omnipresent one potenziometro to electronic control.

Immancabile, inasmuch as about Subaru it is spoken, also the integral traction Symmetrical AWD, ready to assure that classic "effect magnetizes" that Rally in the last season of contests has yielded to the best Petter Solberg the title it of World-wide Champion...

six cylinder diesel FTW, if turbo FTW++++

are these going to be Toyota engine transplants, or genuine diesel boxers?

did anyone ever make a boxer diesel?

I think it is about LNG (Liquified Natural Gas). It is quite popular modification in Poland and rest of Europe. It is for gasoline engines only as far as I can tell. I have never heard about turbo charged engines being modified this way, it might be for NA only.

Krzys

I think it is about LNG (Liquified Natural Gas). It is quite popular modification in Poland and rest of Europe. It is for gasoline engines only as far as I can tell. I have never heard about turbo charged engines being modified this way, it might be for NA only.

Krzys

The Subaru conversions used in Germany and Italy utilize LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas), AKA, propane. LNG (mostly methane) must be kept very cold in order to store it as a liquid and require a thermos-type fuel tank. LPG, on the other hand, can be maintained as a liquid simply by keeping it pressurized.

Before this announcement, only 4-cyl NA engines were supported by Subaru Deutchland's Ecomatic program. The Ecomatic system maintains the existing gasoline tanks, etc. and adds an LPG tank to where the spare tire would be stored, which results in an increase in driving range. Details are at http://www.subaru-ecomatic.de/.

Krzys

i dont see why it would be N/A only... all a turbo does is force more air into the engine. might even be better as a turbo

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Archived