LegacyGT.com

Good price on an 06/07 LGT?

GooseMan

I'm thinking of going down to the US and importing an LGT, as the difference in price between US and CAD is almost $10,000!

I'm trying to find slightly used ones, but if that doesnt work out, then I'll just buy new.

I see that the LGT LTD (5-speed, no options) is $28,795 MSRP...but I'm not sure how much dealers in the US are willing to negotiate. Around here, Subie salesman dont negotiate much...I got a quote for a WRX at $1000 below MSRP...which is not that much.

I dont know if this is a dumb question...but what is a good price to aim for when negotiating? Is around $26.5K feasible? I have NO idea! :icon_conf

oh....this is even more confusing. Just had a chat with a dealer in the US....he asked me how much higher than invoice I would like to go....???

Whats a reasonable amount? I think I've heard of some people buying their cars for $300 over invoice...is that even possible? How do they make any money on that?!

one guy on here just picked one up at $24k OTD, if i remember correctly. Of course, YMMV... dont expect the same results at every dealership.

That was me, and the deal went bad when they suddenly "couldn't get the car", and then tried to sell me one for $3K more. I also found out it was a demo car and that the salesman was trying to explain away several hundred miles as transport miles to deliver the car. I asked them to honor their quote with a similar model, and they were happy to return my deposit.

Now for the good news. I picked up my new SWP LGT Limited 5MT sedan with self-dimming mirror and armrest extension for $24.5 out the door two days ago. Before tax, tags and title, it was ~$23,369. The sticker on the window says $29,766. Good deals can be had if you're willing to look and do a little legwork. I had to travel a couple of hours to pick up my LGT, but it was worth it to save a few grand.

I wouldn't tell a dealer that you are importing the car to Canada, beacuse it tips them off that you really want one and it underminds any bargaining leverage you might have. Do LOTS of internet pricing/dealing/haggling before you even talk to a dealer and let them fight amongst each other for your business. I was totally open with the dealers I contacted that I was talking to other dealers.

Good luck.

J

My 06 GT Limited 5MT with a decent list of options had a sticker of $30,500 and I got it for $26,500 + tax...

Not "crazy" deal, but still very good... I figure 4K off sticker is plenty. There was only 1 dealer in Vegas when I bought it, so I couldn't really shop around!! :lol:

"Insert Signature Here"

it only has 5AT as an option though...more potential for modding!!:icon_bigg

Don't know how you came to that conclusion...

AT parts are hardly more available than 5MT parts...

You guys are gettin good deals here...walked away buying my car for 30K brand new all bells and whistles and taxes...

Hard price to pay for no brembos or 6MT...

I'm thinking of going down to the US and importing an LGT, as the difference in price between US and CAD is almost $10,000!

I'm trying to find slightly used ones, but if that doesnt work out, then I'll just buy new.

I see that the LGT LTD (5-speed, no options) is $28,795 MSRP...but I'm not sure how much dealers in the US are willing to negotiate. Around here, Subie salesman dont negotiate much...I got a quote for a WRX at $1000 below MSRP...which is not that much.

I dont know if this is a dumb question...but what is a good price to aim for when negotiating? Is around $26.5K feasible? I have NO idea! :icon_conf

Welcome! Well, I would go here: Import from US. This guy did it ALL!!! It's a long read but well worth it. Then go to the regional forum nearest you in the US (Tri-State or New England) and ask about good dealers. Price is hard to say cause it all depends on MSRP and what options you have. I would say '06 = Below invoice by at least $2000 or more now and '07 = at about invoice or below. As others said, just act as if you're a regular US buyer and get multiple quotes and have the dealers compete for your business. Good luck! :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived