LegacyGT.com

lubricant for rear wheel bearings

yarikoptic

Hello to all Subaruers Finally I became a subaru owner. Although it is quite old car - 1995 with 141kmiles, I like it a lot already. Here are the pics if you want to see the beauty [url]http://www.onerussian.com/php/album.php?page=Photos/Cars/1/[/url] Now to be a good owner I want to fix it: There is a strong rear noise, which starts around 5 mph (not loud) and strength/frequency of it proportional to the speed I would say. I'm afraid that it comes from the rear end, so it might be either differential or wheel bearings. Sound is kinda symmetric, so if it is the bearings, then they make it from both sides. I will check them asap - I need to lift a car anyway to change rear break pads. Here is the question: because noise is kinda stable and not rottling, if the problem is in the bearings, it might be just lack of fresh greese in them. Does anybody have any experience of changing greese/lubricant without pooling off whole bearing? What solution is the best to dump old greese of in such case? What is an appropriate greese to pack it with? Thank you in advance for any suggestions

[quote name='SUBE555']If the sound is wheel bearings, you're likely to want new ones.[/quote] heheh ok But I've heard that meany people recommend to wash out manufacture's greese out of new bearings before installation and pack them with some good greese. Which greese would you recommend?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived