LegacyGT.com

anyone here have a motorcycle jack they want to get rid of?

rallispec

they're only about 60 bucks from sears... but still, if i can get a used one cheaper, i'm all for it..... So yeah, like the title says - if you've got a jack you're not using anymore, let me know.

and now the bike has become the toy to mod and the legacy will likely sit as is for a while longer...

edit:

craigslist for the win... picked one up yesterday.. now just waiting on my new rear wheel to show up and i'm ready to go.

Here is my starting point: (shadow spirit 750)

http://www.sportyshonda.citymax.com/i/CRUISERS/Shadow_Spirit_750.jpg

here is sort of what i'm looking for in the end: (yes, this was at one time a shadow 750 as well)

http://www.metricmonsters.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/3~0.jpg

http://www.metricmonsters.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/5.jpg

with a few changes - mainly being the wheels -- i'm dumping the spoked wheels for a set of wheels off of a cbr600f4i. Bascially they'll bolt right up with some minor tweaking (to hook up the disc brakes, etc..)

mods will include:

1) the front and rear wheel from the CBR (which includes upping the rear tire width from a 160 to a 200)

2) lowering the rear end between 1.5 and 2.5 inches.. depending on what I decide to do about the rear taillight

3) replacing rear taillight with a flush mount unit, or side mount unit..

4) 7* front rake kit - which will also require a new headlight and handlebar risers

5) replace rear sprocket for a better final drive ratio

6) new seat

7) power mods - exhuast, intake, rejet

wrenches I still need to work out:

1) i bought the bike so that my wife could ride with me -- lowering the bike could make that much more difficult.. not sure yet.

2) I have no idea what i'm doing and there are no shadow owners meets and install days like we have... so i'll be needing to do lots of research and be prepared to have my bike out of commision for an extended time.

3) solid rear struts vs. lowering springs... not sure which way i want to go yet.

cost of entire project - under $600 for the wheels and tires (used), $800 for the front rake kit (inc lights, new cables, etc..), $200 for the rear lowering kit, and $100 for a rear taillight replacement...

after that i'm not sure. First order of business is swapping out the rear tire - then i'll see how far i can lower it... then i'll tackle the front end. (likely lower it first to keep it level while i save up the funds for the rake kit)

1734497809_37E0.jpg.f93a342b0cda923c33687683941ce7a3.jpg

Shadow_Spirit_750.jpg.54c6f2615b16d7afe54c30318604144e.jpg

Heh sweet. If you need helping wrenching on it let me know. Ive taken mine apart enough by now that Im familiar with the way motorcycles bolt back together. Are you definately trying to go the 6 spoke F3 route? I actually just bought a 6 spoke 900rr rear wheel for mine and am trying to look for an f3 front (the f3 rear "would" work except its not wide enough).

Going by that information, you could probably also look for 900rr stuff, but the front wheels for the 900rr were 16's instead of 17, but the rear is 17. But also by that information... I could sell you my VTR wheels, but they are only 3 spokes, so didnt know if you were dead set on the 6.

Oh wait, were you talking about 600 like the new ones?

Edit: Reading > me :o

F4i, I think those are the same size as the F3...

Hmmm they look to be the same size, except they are 3 spokes... Im looking around on my VTR board to see if anyone has used F4i wheels, dont know why they would though considering the VTR already comes with 3's

on good ideas on where to look for cbr 900 brakes? Tons of 600 stuff on ebay, not as much 900 stuff.

Apperently the wheel off the 600F4i fits better than the 900, but the brakes off the 900 fit better than the 600... Kind of weird, but it is what it is.

You could try local motorsports shops. I know that Fast Lane Cycles in Chantilly has quite a few brakes in stock of different bikes. You could give them a try. I know that there are a few in Manassas too, like Mayhem Motorsports. There is another one but I dont remember the name.

stuff has started showing up --- probably going to attempt to fit the rear wheel on the bike this weekend just to see what kind of fitment issues i'm going to have before sending it off for powder coating. (it's going to look sick.. it makes me shake just looking at it propped up next to my bike)

anyone know of a good place to order motorcycle tires online? (smitty??)

Archived