LegacyGT.com

YES, just got the call....picking up my LGT!!!

My LGT-L sedan manual was suppose to come in on the 20th of September, then yesterday, then Monday I was told it's showing a delivery date of September 29th. I just got the call, it just got in!!! So I'm off to go pick up the new baby. The sweet thing is: I just ordered Rockblockers clearbra on their special, and it should be in tomorrow. I've got a guy on hold whose coming to the house to tint the windows and install the Clearbra as well. I'm stoked, talk with you soon!

I like that idea Axis 008. My bro-in-law in Albuquerque belongs to a Mazda Miata club and they meet regularly for group scenic drives. I think it would be a lot of fun to get a group together for a drive along the coast on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

Ahh, just got home. Sweet ride. 5th gear on the freeway is pretty beefy. 65-80 mph is no problem and happens quick huh? Just ease down and it moves out!! Well, last time I posted pictures using photoisland.com as the host, something locked them out after a brief time. So, I'll try again with a few of the photos I quickly took at the dealer and then at a roadside parking lot. These aren't the best, but I wanted a few pictures while it was BRAND new. I'll take more, and better ones, very soon. To see about 10 pictures go to: [url]http://www.photoisland.com[/url] Enter Guest ID: pictureisup Enter Password: legacy Click on "Legacy GT" album to the left. Click on thumbnails for larger pictures. Then click "View Original" for HUGE pixs. I'll try linking a couple here now: [img]http://atlantic.photoisland.com/sessions/70928674627/26497960lg.jpg[/img] [img]http://atlantic.photoisland.com/sessions/70928674627/26497972lg.jpg[/img] [img]http://atlantic.photoisland.com/sessions/70928674627/26497983lg.jpg[/img] [img]http://atlantic.photoisland.com/sessions/70928674627/26497989lg.jpg[/img] Thanks guys!

The last picture looks a bit blue, that's because I didn't turn the flash off, and it therefore it adjusted for that flash, not the daylight. I'm doing a modified version of the MotoTune break in. Since I don't know which to believe (take it really easy for the first 1000 miles or drive it really hard at first) I figured I'd go right down the middle. So in the first 20 miles I ran it up to 5500 rpm's once in first gear, up to 6000 rpms a mile or so later in second gear. And then drove on the freeway for about 5 miles varying speed between 60 and 80 mph and then pulled off the freeway for these photos. Then, while leaving the parking lot, I ran it up to 5000 rpms in first again, then took it easy for a bit, then ran it up to 5500 rpm's in 2nd gear, then back to freeway driving for about 10 miles, again adjusting speed and varying between 4th and 5th gear. Then back onto side streets, where I babied it for about 5 to 6 miles and not taking it over 3000 rpm in any gear. Then a run up to 5000 rpm's again in first gear. Followed by another 2 to 3 miles of babying the car. Back to the freeway for 8 to 10 miles of again, varying speed, but always taking it easy on the freeway, nothing over 4000 rpm, and mostly staying in the 2-3K range. Luckily, living in LA I also managed to get in some bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway, which allowed me to at times just creep along at about 10-20 mph in 2nd and 3rd gear too. Exit freeway, one more jaunt up to 5000 rpm's in first. Then baby the car for the next 2 lights and 1/2 mile drive home. So in the first 45 miles, I was able to give the car if full array of driving conditions, from babying the car and just creeping along, to some moderately hard runs up to 6000 rpms (only once) and a couple to 5000-5500 rpm's. I'll probably do this again the next trip in the car, then back off for a few hundred miles. Then maybe once I get 500 miles on it, I'll run her a bit hard a few times again, then back to babying (staying under 4K) until I hit 1000 miles. Car is GREAT. Only thing I noticed is the alignment is just a hair off. When driving straight, the steering wheel is turned to the right by just about 1/2 inch. If I straighten it up, the car moves over into the left lane. When going down a perfectly straight road at say 45 mph and I let go of the wheel, the car just starts to veer to the right, requiring me to correct it just a bit. I was about 10 miles away from the dealer before I really noticed it, and I gave them a call. Of course, they said, "sorry" and just come back in we'll straighten that right up for you, no problem. Dave Hanley over at Thousand Oaks Subaru is a great guy and the people there are very nice. $100 over invoice on a 39 month lease. Clearbra from Rockblocker and tint goes on in two-three days.

Oh, by the way, I love the STI Short Throw. I drove another LGT Limited with the standard shifter today too, to compare back to back. The stock shifter is a bit rubbery by comparison. I measured the throw distance as well, and found it's only about 1 inch shorter than the stock one. And the length of the shifter is only about 1/2 inch shorter. So, it's not as short as I had hoped (I know others have said this) but it is shorter, so anything helps. Plus, it just has a much more positive feel to it. It's just a bit notchy now, but hey, it's brand new and know that will only improve. It was worth the $200 extra that's for sure. And the Momo shift knob looks GREAT. The aluminum look accents the aluminum look on the dash and looks much sportier!

D72 - PhotoIsland pics came up perfectly, inside the thread, not at all. Car looks really great. I am so ready to pull the trigger and order mine that I can't harldly stand it. I just received the maintenance plan certificate in the mail from SOA and noticed that it expires 30 September 04 so I'll either have to order the car by the end of the month or find one up in the LA, Riverside, San Bernadino area that I can go pick up. But olny if it's new and right out of dealer PDI. I was curious about the STI SSK - someone had mentioned in another post that the stalk was the same height as the stock issue one. You indicate that it's about 1/2" shorter which is about what I thought it would be. Do you also have the arm-rest extension? Did your friend's car have the arm-rest extension? I'm trying to get a feel for how much off the horizontal plane (between the arm-rest and the top of the shifter) does the SSK take you. At 1/2" I wouldn't think that much but some people have commented about the awkward angle between the arm-rest and the stock shifter. Inquiring minds want to know. Congrats again on your car. Looks like I'll have to set up a San Diego/LA area fun run so we can get together and have some fun. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='Driver72']Yeah, just as I thought. For some reason, Photoisland doesn't allow "hosting" to another site. So the pics come up for a short time, then "booof" they're gone. I need to find another "host" site to link the photos from.[/quote] Looks great! Nice color choice. :P A great picture host is [url]www.photobucket.com[/url] it's free and very easy to use.

[quote name='Subietonic']D72 - PhotoIsland pics came up perfectly, inside the thread, not at all. Car looks really great. I am so ready to pull the trigger and order mine that I can't harldly stand it. I just received the maintenance plan certificate in the mail from SOA and noticed that it expires 30 September 04 so I'll either have to order the car by the end of the month or find one up in the LA, Riverside, San Bernadino area that I can go pick up. But olny if it's new and right out of dealer PDI. [b]***Yeah, that's how I got mine, and the only way I'd do it. I told the sales manager, I wanted to recieve the call, AS SOON AS IT WAS UNLOADED from the truck. He did. It had 6 miles on it when it arrived, and they PDI it, filled it with gas and it had 7 miles on it when I got it. Nobody else even test drove it. :) ***[/b] I was curious about the STI SSK - someone had mentioned in another post that the stalk was the same height as the stock issue one. You indicate that it's about 1/2" shorter which is about what I thought it would be. [b]***It is very close in height as the stock one. I was hoping is was a bit shorter. I "measured" with piece of paper. I put the stock shifter in first and placed a piece of paper on the center console and marked it at where the top of the shifter lined up to. Then did the same with my car and the STI SSK. The Short Throw was about 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower to the top of the handle. Then with the help of a sales staff, I did the same with the throw. Placed the stock shifter in first gear, lined up a brouchere horizontal to the top (closest to the A/C control) part of the shifter, then shifted it into second. Then, marked on the brouchere where the bottom (closest to the arm rest) part of the shift knob came to on the brouchere. We then duplicated this with the STI STS, and it was about an inch or so less distance. Again, not as much as I hoped, but every little bit helps. And more importantly, the STS feels more positive and less rubbery.***[/b] Do you also have the arm-rest extension? Did your friend's car have the arm-rest extension? [b]***No on both accounts. I ordered the arm rest extention, but they just had none at the port. It was delaying the delivery of my car. So, I said forget it. As I understand it, it can always be put on later and is quite easy to do.***[/b] I'm trying to get a feel for how much off the horizontal plane (between the arm-rest and the top of the shifter) does the SSK take you. At 1/2" I wouldn't think that much but some people have commented about the awkward angle between the arm-rest and the stock shifter. Inquiring minds want to know. [b]***Okay, I just went out to my car and "measured" for you. With the stock arm rest, I took a steel tape measure and laid it on the arm rest with the tape sticking out touching the shifter stalk. Shifter in first gear. From the point where it hits the stalk to the top of my Momo shift knob, it's about 4 inches. To the center of the Momo shift knob (where you hand would grab, it's about 3 inches). Again, if the STI STS was about another inch lower in height, it would be perfect. But, I've gotten say, it's not as bad as the height of some cars shifters I've driven. The BMW 540i has a shifter that's higher. While driving home, it didn't seem to bother me at all. I do like VW's shifter height though. They're usually LOWER than the arm rest, so your hand actually drops down ONTO it. This feels the best to me, but again, it's not that big of a deal. When Subaru finally gets around to making the arm rest extentions, I'm going to check it out. If I like it better, I'll get it put on. But another thing....the beauty of this car is, it has decent low end power, even when off boost, so you are not shifting around like crazy (like you would say in a TSX or most other torqueless Honda cars). I found myself puttering along at 1500 rpms in 4th gear on the freeway, and just ease down the gas and you pick up speed quite easily. To me, the STI STS and the Momo shift knob are EASILY worth the extra $275 you'll pay. The look of the Momo knob alone is great, as long as you get black interior so you have the aluminum look trim, not the faux wood.***[/b] Congrats again on your car. Looks like I'll have to set up a San Diego/LA area fun run so we can get together and have some fun. SBT[/quote]

[quote name='Throttlejockey'][quote name='Driver72']Yeah, just as I thought. For some reason, Photoisland doesn't allow "hosting" to another site. So the pics come up for a short time, then "booof" they're gone. I need to find another "host" site to link the photos from.[/quote] Looks great! Nice color choice. :P A great picture host is [url]www.photobucket.com[/url] it's free and very easy to use.[/quote] Thanks, I'll register there and give them a try.

[quote name='Driver72']Oh, buy the way...did Subaru really have to make the keys so D@MN BIG! They are the longest keys I've ever seen. I hate carrying keys in my pocket as it is...these these are leg stabbers. What is up?[/quote] Wait till you lock and unlock your car on accident with the keys in your pocket. The buttons are real sensitive and the remote works a 100yds away easy.

That's one thing I loved about my VW, that laser cut folding key was brillant. These Subaru keys are not! I can't stand having too many keys in my pocket, and these will make it painful. I may have to consider one of those lame small "clips" so I can clip them to a belt lop or something. Arrrgh!

Archived