LegacyGT.com

Avo gauge pod w/ Prosport boost gauge

leftride

there are plenty of walk-throughs, but i though i would include a few pics of my install. i'll add a few shots with the gauge on shortly.

here is the bottom of the avo pod. its not too pretty, my first epoxy attempt didnt work to well so its a little messy. i sanded up the bottom to help the moulding tape stick.

http://homepage.mac.com/rserven/images/obxt/DSC02356.JPG

here is the gauge installed.

http://homepage.mac.com/rserven/images/obxt/DSC02359.JPG

Awesome. Thats what mine should look like once I get my pod!

Is yours the mechanical or electric boost gauge? I'm kinda wishing I had gotten the electric gauge since the mechanical one doesn't do the opening ceremony.

Where'd you tap the power from?

Besides the opening ceremony, whats the difference between the mechanical and electrical?

BTW, looks very good. I'm still trying to figure out where to install mine. Ideally, it would go on the steering column, but I feel that may be beyond my skill-set.

Besides the opening ceremony, whats the difference between the mechanical and electrical?

BTW, looks very good. I'm still trying to figure out where to install mine. Ideally, it would go on the steering column, but I feel that may be beyond my skill-set.

I'm not sure. I know the mechanical gauge requires a T splitter to run a vacume tube to the gauge itself so I'm assuming the electrical needs some sending unit to interpret the psi to an electrical signal.

Hey OP, can we get some photos with the car (gauges) on (illuminated).

its a mechanical gauge...yeah the opening ceremony would be cool, but i couldn't beat the price.

i tapped the power off of a add-a-circuit i had added for my HK drive+play, i think its #26 or something. i can look if you are interested. i always run power back to the fuse-box rather than tapping a factory wire.

as for the difference, i assume an electrical is probably "better" since i believe it has to run off of a boost controller (don't quote me on this), but that usually means more expensive.

Archived