LegacyGT.com

Anyone else here from Atlanta?

If so... 1) Which dealer did you use? 2) Who sold the car to you? 3) What did you buy? 4) How much did you pay for it, relative to invoice? I am interested in a white, MT GT. Still undecided about Limited vs. non-Limited. On one hand I don't want leather, but on the other, I REALLY want a sunroof. Thanks!

I got mine from Subaru of Gwinett (I'm just west of the city in Mableton), though if I were to do it again, I'd probably try Royal Subaru. I don't know how representative my experience was, but I was told on my first trip out that SoG could invoice pricing on everything but the STI (admittedly, I was initially looking at the STI, so it may have been a sales tactic). When I went back later to buy the Legacy, no one remembered ever saying that. I did end up getting it for nearly invoice, but only because it was raining and they'd only sold a couple cars that day. My weak negotiating skills couldn't get them to knock off the documentation fee or the advertising fee, but other than that, I feel like I got a good deal. That being said, when doing comparison shopping online, Royal Subaru offered me invoice plus the advertising fee as soon as I asked for it. I didn't go there because of the mysterious extra $275, which I ended up paying anyways. I don't know what other fees they might've tacked on, so I can't give them a whole-hearted endorsement. More generally speaking, I was in a lot the same boat you were. I really wanted the sunroof, and the leather + power seats weren't a big decision factor. I ended up with the limited, but SoG will also install an aftermarket sunroof, so they might be worth talking to anyways.

Archived