LegacyGT.com

Chassis flexes on driveway

Legasee

Well..I just moved into this apartment and the driveway has a HUGE incline/bump (I ALWAYS scrape the front lip when I leave the driveway), but I have no scraping when I drive into the driveway. I always hear squeaky noise from the suspension going either way at an agressive angle (you know, like 45 degree turn, then turn back after clearing). Should I be worried about the chassis flexing so much everytime, should I get some strut/sway bars :icon_wink:icon_bigg ?? Thanks :icon_bigg
In Taiwan now...:spin:

heh, wait when you get stiffer sways... i always lift the wheels then... but chassis flex is more pronounced when you jack up the car on one corner.. a good STIFF chassis could pick up 3 wheels at one jack point ;)

:lol: I think I must be liftin a wheel now...the bump is pretty steep. With a few weeks of having to drive on that driveway, I do hear more squeaks when I'm going on/off curbs, speedbumps, other driveways, etc....should I be concerned?...will strut/sway bars decrease the squeaking, and what kind of affect will the bars have on the car when relating to the driveway? thanks!

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Guest *Jedimaster*
heh, wait when you get stiffer sways... i always lift the wheels then... but chassis flex is more pronounced when you jack up the car on one corner.. a good STIFF chassis could pick up 3 wheels at one jack point ;)

Mine picks up all four wheels and even the spare. Actually, the whole car goes up.

:lol: I think I must be liftin a wheel now...the bump is pretty steep. With a few weeks of having to drive on that driveway, I do hear more squeaks when I'm going on/off curbs, speedbumps, other driveways, etc....should I be concerned?...will strut/sway bars decrease the squeaking, and what kind of affect will the bars have on the car when relating to the driveway? thanks!

you'll know when you lift a wheel when you are turning, because when that wheel is in the air, it's going to spin.. when it comes down, it's going to grip like mad and push you like a boost of NOS ;)

if you ever get a little air born (or lightweight) over a hill, and you have your foot flat on the throttle, you'll notice the RPMs will climb up really fast (lack of resistance). As your tires hit the ground, you'll get that little bit of "boost" and a possible squeak from the tires.

You might be hearing some other squeak if it's over speed bumps.. are you sure it's not tire squealing from it spinning?

Keefe

Guest *Jedimaster*
i see your Superman avatar...

raise you a girl grabbing superman's nut :lol: :lol:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/Hangerr/15575293415262l.jpg

:lol: Thanks man- saved that one! Hmmm- must be time for me to concoct a new avatar....

Archived