LegacyGT.com

Rubber floor mats anyone?

SUBE_MN

Has anyone gotten the rubber floor mats? I need something for the winter since I live in Minnesota. Previously I have gotten the classic rubber floor mats from weathertech.com, which I have found to be very nice but expensive. They have mats listed for 2005 Legacy's, but the shape of them does not look right. I have emailed them to find out what's going on. I would order the Subaru mats, but SOA has told me that they only come in charcoal. I have the taupe interior, and I think that might look kind of funny. Has anyone else with the taupe interior figured something out?

I pulled the rubber mats from the WRX when I traded. I think they look fine in my beige leather interior. Plus I love just hosing them off when they get dirty.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

I have the ones that came with my car (as ordered) and I think they are nice, in terms of fit. The rear ones were on the wrong way, when I got the car, but I fixed that rather quickly. I do have a black interior though...so that might not appeal to you. I would think it's OK for the winter time. Better than ruined floor mats...which I think are rather cheesy. They wash easily...and help against knocking out the little plastic carpet holder as well...from what I have noticed. Later, i.

I have the Subaru all weather floor mats. They are rubber, and thick, and have deep channels. Although the shape might look weird, it is exactly the same size as the standard carpet mats that come with the car. In fact, for installation I merely placed the rubber mats on top of the carpets, and they don't look anything out of place. I have them even though I will just about never see snow where I live simply because they're easier to clean. Pull em out, dump all the crap out in the garbage can or on the lawn, spray it a bit, wipe it down. I've always found the carpet mats hard to clean. Plus as inthedeck has noted, since the mats are about an inch thick, there is very little of the carpet hook sticking out. There is one downside though, that the additional thickness of the mats may initially affect the "feel" of the car, as in it's a noticeable height difference when operating the gas/brake/clutch pedals. But I guess you get used to it. Unless if you have size 14 feet, in which case you will find your foot bumping into the plastic dome above the clutch pedal more easily...

Archived