LegacyGT.com

Third brake light housing removal

GloriousDay5996

I added the RavSpec CF rear lip spoiler, and the rear window brake light became not only redundant but annoying due to the reflection off the spoiler onto the rear window. I disabled the rear brake light, but I wasn't happy with the inert "pod" that was left behind. So I fabricated a stock-looking (p)leather-covered plate to go where the pod was. It even uses the stock clip location. Pics soon.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 5 months later...
hey guys, so I'm in the process of retrofitting a few third brake lights with LEDs for some members on here. I was wondering if any of you would sell your third brake lights that you removed, if willing, please PM me to talk about it further! thanks

• 6 months later...
OK, here's a quick shot of the cover. I bought some black synthetic leather cloth from a fabric store, cut a piece of 1/4" plywood to the right shape, used some closed-cell foam as padding and covered it with the black leather. I finished it off with a small metal latch (titanium for light weight!) so that it clips into place. It doesn't really need to latch in the back, as pressure against the rear window holds it down.

1817449777_thirdbrakelightdelete.jpg.0f3c4c1593ec6eb1bf5e0e2047fed6d4.jpg

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 4 years later...
ok so to try and revive this thread. do you have access to the wiring for the spoiler led break lights in our cars? i would like to add a third brake light flasher module to my spoiler brake light. & i haven't looked in my trunk yet im just up bored doing research lol

Archived