LegacyGT.com

What brakes bolt up to our cars?

Tuned200

use 2004 STi brake upgrades, but you have to remember, you probably need new wheels as well..

^ +1 - if you're riding on the stockers, you'll need to change-out to aftermarket rims. There's a list of both 17s and 18s ( as well as increasingly pimp sizes thereafter ;) ) which are known to clear the OEM '04 STi Brembos on Nabisco.

Also, while the fronts are true "bolt-ons," if you're interested in a rear setup to-match, you will need custom-fabricated/aftermarket brackets for that set.

And like good brother Keefe said, look around, there's now quite a number of aftermarket makes of "BBKs" for the '05+ LGTs. Several of these kits even allow you to retain the stock 17s - while being even "larger" in disc diameter than the OEM Brembos :eek: !

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ it's not just the overall diameter, but it's the thickness of the plates that have been proven to be the better attribute to look for in the BBK.

Brother Praedet has a very well written thread on brake-bias as well, something to look at as you dont want to shift too much of the brake bias to the rear.

I rather just get better pads and thicker rotors when applicable. Running brake ducts for track days is a bonus as well.

Keefe

^ Roger that :) - I was simply mentioning "larger diameter" rotors to illustrate that it can be crammed in there, under our stock 17s, and that it's not necessarily a limiting factor.

Nothing to do with "performance" at all. Just purely a "size" thing. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

The rear Brembo/STi upgrade we sell requires no custom parts; it's a bolt-on solution, as is the front.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

^ Thanks for the correction, Dan! Noted! :)

I should have said that the rear OEM Brembo TAKE-OFFs from private sellers aren't "bolt ons," but that there are noted and trusted Vendors here ( yes, I used to come to you guys all the time in my DSM days! :D ) who market kits that do!

:D Apologies for the confusion! :redface:

^ Yeah, but I've gotta balance out teh bl1ng against:

(1) being able to run my stock 17" winters

Plus, much more importantly:

(2) my wife not castrating me. :lol:;)

^ I hide nothing! :D

Everybody dang well knows that I don't drive nearly hard enough to get any actual use out of them. :)

^ Yeah, but I've gotta balance out teh bl1ng against:

(1) being able to run my stock 17" winters

Plus, much more importantly:

(2) my wife not castrating me. :lol:;)

1) stock brakes for the stock 17"

2) sell your stock 17" wheels, tires and brakes

2a) make sure your wife praise you for selling the stock 17" equipment

2b) run on a set of cheap 18" wheels for your BBKs

btw, the Endless Ewig BBKs cost around $16,000 to $17,000 for a Hummer H3 or BMW 745iL

Keefe

1) stock brakes for the stock 17"

2) sell your stock 17" wheels, tires and brakes

2a) make sure your wife praise you for selling the stock 17" equipment

2b) run on a set of cheap 18" wheels for your BBKs

btw, the Endless Ewig BBKs cost around $16,000 to $17,000 for a Hummer H3 or BMW 745iL

^ :eek: to the Endless Ewig....

As for your "route?"

That's way too much work, my friend! :lol:

I would need a dual master cylinder to run puppies like those.. you can certainly get a 2-piece rotor to fix that problem for the bolt pattern. As for the brake caliper, I have a shop that can probably just make the adapter for it easily.

the HARD part would be finding a way to come up with $17,000+ to spend like that leisurely :lol:

it's not that bad to sell off your old stuff and replace it with the better new stuff ;)

Keefe

Archived