LegacyGT.com

Pretty Neat, From Ebay

Abandonhope16

Two things that stuck out most to me:

1) The LGT of 10 years ago was 155hp/torque and they claim that was sporty and powerful. I don't really remember what sorts of power figures were common then, but I think we've come a long way since then as far as how much power you get even in average family cars. This may be a bad thing when you consider many of the drivers you see on the road every day.

2) That LGT was rated at 20/26mpg. The current manual LGT is rated at 20/26mpg. So ten years later, we get nearly 100 horses and ft-lbs of torque for free, as far as gas usage is concerned. Thanks Subaru!

The scary part is that in 1996 the LGT base started at $22,995. 10 years later, I picked up an LGT Limited Edition with leather, sunroof and a bunch of other goodies for only $1,000 more.

I picked up an 06 LGT Limted for $23,400 with $500 Subaru bucks and $500 owners loyalty cash. :icon_cool

Two things that stuck out most to me:

1) The LGT of 10 years ago was 155hp/torque and they claim that was sporty and powerful. I don't really remember what sorts of power figures were common then, but I think we've come a long way since then as far as how much power you get even in average family cars. This may be a bad thing when you consider many of the drivers you see on the road every day.

2) That LGT was rated at 20/26mpg. The current manual LGT is rated at 20/26mpg. So ten years later, we get nearly 100 horses and ft-lbs of torque for free, as far as gas usage is concerned. Thanks Subaru!

1) The Camry of that year had 125 hp and 145 lbs ft of torque. So I guess 155 is spirited. The 2.5i is still more powerful than the rest of the 4 cyl competition. In 1986 90 hp wasnt uncommon, so yeah we def. came along way. EJ25 was also the first year of that engine. The next year hp was by 10. Pretty nice.

2) Thats engineering is finger licking good.

1) The Camry of that year had 125 hp and 145 lbs ft of torque. So I guess 155 is spirited. The 2.5i is still more powerful than the rest of the 4 cyl competition. In 1986 90 hp wasnt uncommon, so yeah we def. came along way. EJ25 was also the first year of that engine. The next year hp was by 10. Pretty nice.

2) Thats engineering is finger licking good.

1.) But an Accord EX had 145 or so from its 2.2L and you neglect that you could have gotten the Camry with a V6;)

Archived