LegacyGT.com

swaybar endlinks

starting just a few days ago, I realized that when I accelerate(relativley harder) from standing still OR braking relatively harder, I can hear a "dok" noise comming from the front-end, I suspect it's cumming from the swaybar endlinks...now the issue is, I got coilovers on my car *also tracked it one time till now*, will that void my warranty for suspension components such as endlinks? #purchased extended warranty back in 04 fall when I bought my LGT#

also I'm starting to have a stuck-on cooling fan as well...it starts to kick in even I start my engine on a fairly cool summer morning(around 20degrees)

any feedbacks would help

thanks

alan

Add your fan relay experience to the poll as well. So far it looks as if ~30% of the LGT MTs on this site have had the part failure.

As to your end link question, I would imagine that changes from OEM might challenge your warranty.

thanks guys

well I gotta see if I can have sometime this week during work to check the sway bar issue...but 1 thing that bothers me is that this "dok" noise isn't something new to me; just that they show up a little more often now...b/c back then when I drive my GT (as in when it was NEW)...I heard the similar "dok" when I drove out from my garage*I back in my car into the garage overnight; therefore when I drive out I'll move vehicle straight out and turn 90degrees and get into the road*, I tought it was normal b/c of the AWD setup.....in my work experience, if your swaybar components; which is either bushing or endlink fails, the noise will come on all the time(while u ran over bumps) instead of occuring occassionally(it's not like roads in toronto/surrounding areas are prefect anyways x( )

guess I'll just tell them wat up and see how they react, b/c regarding on the endlink issue I can't be like fire @ them or something...

plus...just flip around thel7.com and realized there r couple other TSB/recalls that I can ask local dealership to take care off(LOL..I never go to dealership w/ my GT before...this might be the 1st time i go in=P)...

thanks again

Archived