LegacyGT.com

First time long trip..

I have driven the car (05 LGT LTD 5EAT) for only 40 days and it's the first time to drive long(60miles) time in highway... I usually drive 25 miles a day for work and about 18 miles are in freeway... It's less than 10 minute and I couldn't see any mileage increase in the freeway.. But, today I noticed more than 30mpg while crusing between 70-75 miles... On slight uphill, it stays 25mpg... On a long uphill, I could pass all the cars and I could easily hit 100 without hustle and bustle..

Now I'm thinking mods, but I don't want to remove any catalytic converter that will make me fail the emission test... I'm thinking AP, UP and/or DP and maybe exhaust... I'm wonder the aftermarket performance stuffs are still good for AZ emission requirement... If not, I won't do it. If the Stage 1 with AP is the only way to meet the emission requirement, that will be my way..

Thanks..

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

Cobb offers a catted downpipe. I've heard of WRXs passing emissions with it. I don't understand why anyone would get the catless - you lose maybe 5 horsepower. I'll give up 5hp for the trees. :p

2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP (6MT)

2006 LGT Ltd 5MT OBP Cobb Short Throw Shifter | GS Catless Up Pipe Gone

subarus run clean -- i've heard of WRX's passing with NO cats at all..... plus in most states now they use an OBD scan rather than sniffer.

BTW, any aftermarket DP (catted or not) is not legal for street use and will make you fail an emmissions test, assuming the person doing the test does a visual inspection and knows what they are looking at. (not likely)

Archived