LegacyGT.com

PIAA questions

subaru_terrence

Hey guys, I want to replace my silverstar bulbs. Does anyone have pictures of their cars using PIAA Super Plasma GT-X or Extreme White Plus? I want to see how would they look like when I drive on the road and is it bright enough.

I know the Plasma GT-X is like purple-ish look, so will it look like those cheap xenon bulb bulbs and not bright enough?

Do silverstar and extreme white plus pretty much the same?

Please help me out!! THX! :lol:

the Extreme white is just white, not too much brighter... the GT-X are more of a blueish hue to it really.. not that much brighter either.. but of the two, the Extreme White is the better choice for being "brighter"..
Keefe

I have PIAA extreme force....4700K vs.4000K of the PIAA extreme white and silver stars. just gives a hint of blue to a very bright white. I'm really happy with them!

Hey, do you have any pictures from the driver's side and outside of the car? I want to see how does the extreme force look like.

i don't have any pics yet, with the lights off you can't really see the blue bulb cause i got them for my lows. I do however have a pic of somebody that used them for thier highs....at certain angles you can see the blue. I'll see if i can take some pics tonight.

pic...xtreme force highs (not my car)

I am pleased with them. however the more you move away from the standard 3200K the more reflected light you get in fog and rain. so there is a trade off.

DSCN0110.JPG.b3b67a5db9654550f737268d511c5262.JPG

extreme force = $70 :icon_bigg

(not the output of HID, but looks good)

how many sets do you gro through? or have gone through?

PIAA = overpriced bulbs that last less than a year

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

no problems yet (fingers crossed) in for about 3 months.

non e of my halogen bulbs have lasted more than a year, sylver stars, PIAA's...ebay brands...they are all the same

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

i had some cheap blue bulbs before, but they only lasted for about 5 months or 6 months max. It started to become very dim when I looked from my driver's side. It looked fine outside but not inside, so I bought silverstars. However, I heard everyone said they will burn out very fast. I want to install hid but i don't know anyone can do free installation for me and disable DRL. Unless someone can teach me. :p

Definately HID's FTW. They have come down in price so much, I've been using mine for about 3 months now and love the amount of light that they put out. Installation is quite easy if you have some basic mechanical skills. DRL disable is easy and you can do it in about 10 seconds if you wanted.

Definately HID's FTW. They have come down in price so much, I've been using mine for about 3 months now and love the amount of light that they put out. Installation is quite easy if you have some basic mechanical skills. DRL disable is easy and you can do it in about 10 seconds if you wanted.

woulda took me 2 minutes to do, but i forgot which one it was, and wasnt in a position to read the green dot, so it instead took me 6 minutes cus i had to search for the DRL diable thread here

how many sets do you gro through? or have gone through?

PIAA = overpriced bulbs that last less than a year

mine lasted on an average of 2 to 3 years.. my cousin is still on his PIAA superwhites which are 7 years old!!!!

just make sure the bulb is clean, I normally clean them before installation with some rubbing alcohol and then I am VERY careful of not letting the glass touch ANYTHING upon installing the bulb.. lasts a long time.. just dont flicker your lights too often, the filament will last longer too.

Keefe

mine lasted on an average of 2 to 3 years.. my cousin is still on his PIAA superwhites which are 7 years old!!!!

just make sure the bulb is clean, I normally clean them before installation with some rubbing alcohol and then I am VERY careful of not letting the glass touch ANYTHING upon installing the bulb.. lasts a long time.. just dont flicker your lights too often, the filament will last longer too.

thastt he longest i have ever heard of PIAA bulbs lasting, thats just insane, ...lol...but ya pretty much take proper car of the lights and they will take care of you

Archived