LegacyGT.com

Did a fast install today...maybe too fast?

Effin Ponderous

Did front and rear Cusco sways this morning. My 05LGT Ltd 5EAT is two months old and has about 4K on it, so the install was pretty easy. I am starting to wonder now if I installed the front properly? The rear endlinks seemed different than the fronts, in that the they connect from the mount and go up to connect to the sway end. In the front, the end links mount to the car and then go down to connect to the sway. I t seems to drive great, but I only drove about a mile to listen for noises. No noise so everythings OK, right...wrong.

I mounted the front sway upside down? DOH :confused: The scary part is that it rode fine without any noise at all. No problem, I loosened the endlinks and rotated the bar 180 degrees and re installed. While it worked fine before it works incredibly well now. She won't lean!

it's happened many times before on the boards where it's really easy to install a sway bar upside down.. you wont know until you start turning the car to make it lean..

Although I wished that Cusco would have made an adjustable THICKER front sway bar, but I guess I'll have to just order stiffer springs and revalve the coilovers to prevent less lean.. I still get enough lean where the entire side of the car is just barely off the pavement and it's just spinning the wheels and burning off the layers of rubber off my tires. :(

Keefe

it's happened many times before on the boards where it's really easy to install a sway bar upside down.. you wont know until you start turning the car to make it lean..

Although I wished that Cusco would have made an adjustable THICKER front sway bar, but I guess I'll have to just order stiffer springs and revalve the coilovers to prevent less lean.. I still get enough lean where the entire side of the car is just barely off the pavement and it's just spinning the wheels and burning off the layers of rubber off my tires. :(

:orly: ...wtf?!?!

Leaning is not the culprit of wearing the inside fronts. It's a combination of the way you drive, the lack of LSD up front, and the rear springs not being stiff enough.

Stiffening the front swaybar or springs will not fix the issue.

p.s. Legacy chassis? Not that stiff.

Warren

Leaning is not the culprit of wearing the inside fronts. It's a combination of the way you drive, the lack of LSD up front, and the rear springs not being stiff enough.

Stiffening the front swaybar or springs will not fix the issue.

p.s. Legacy chassis? Not that stiff.

Warren

you're right, I am spinning the inside fronts and my rear springs not being stiff enough.. if I can just keep the car down and not drive so hard, it wouldnt happen..

but again, I did wear BOTH right (tires front and rear) at Summit Point that weekend.. the lefts were fine...

at VIR North, I only shredded the left front from the hard uphill of turn 7.. that with trail braking into turn 1 and turn 7 just beat the heck out of my left front tire.

Warren is right, the chassis isnt that stiff to the point where we are lifting tires completely off the ground.. I would love to throw in a full cage in the car one day..

Keefe

Archived