LegacyGT.com

WRC: Mexico

EJ20H-TT

Well, the event is done. I think if Petter didn't have that 5min:40sec problem he'd have taken the event. Oh well, that's racing. It does show how well the car can do against the competition however, as Petter made up about 2.5minutes that he was knocked back! Final standings: 1-Martin (Ford) 2-Duval (Ford) 3-Sainz (Citroen) 4-Solberg (Subaru) 5-Hirvonen (Subaru) 6-Gronholm (Peugot) 8-Panizzi (Mitsubishi) 10-Rovampera (Peugot)

He made up a LOT of time. I agree that thing was total bogus. Well, better than throwing him out. These new tire rules and some of the other new rules are compromising safety and making things much harder. I hope they get ammeneded. Watching Speed, they were talking to Mills on the prep for the new races, he says he's up 18-20hrs a day the first several days before the races. They shouldn't have to be doing that stuff, that's compromising safety big time.

[quote name='ha-evolution']That 5 minute penalty was bogus. Petter should have won - he was the fastest driver.[/quote] Rules are rules. Sainz also got pipped with the tire declaration rule, because they had the wrong code on his rubber, so he had to go out on worn tires. Sure, Solberg would have won easily, but those are the breaks of the game. He can be encouraged by the pace of the new Impreza, and have his chin up for New Zealand. I really liked Bob Varsha. What a pro. Kevin

I think Sainz got a bad rip too. The FIA is trying to make things less complicated and costly, but all the mfg's are running with the same budget allotment for Group A, and when something is running good and smooth, why change it? Gronholm really got delt a bad blow from everything with the 307. I think getting that car running right, they should be much more competitive.

Archived