LegacyGT.com

WTT: My cloth seats for your leather + cash

zuczek

Just wondering if someone wants to trade their Legacy GT leather seats for my cloth seats. Mine are black and are in excellent condition. Your lether seats have to be black (or dark grey).Can only be done in Salt Lake City from Saturday August 5th to Sunday August 6th. as that's the only time I will be down there. Of course I'd be giving you some cash to go along with that. The swap should be quick.

I was going to buy the Limited model but the sunroof drops the headroom by 2 inches and at 6"5 it was very tight even with the seat being all the way down.

Let me know if you are interested.

Tom

Also keep in mind that the leather ones are powered seats, and the cloth are not.

Not sure if the cloth have the side airbags or not.

You may also want to look into getting your seats done in leather.

GL

X

---

Im sure all the wires are there for the power.

You never know since it may be a different power harness, but the main thing is who would want to go from power adjustable seats to non power? Unless it is someone that is prepping their car for racing, or just wants the weight (mininal) savings.

X

---

Exactly, he wants to trade, so who would want to go from power to non-power? :icon_bigg

Me, if I hadn't bought unltd Legacy. The power seats are freakingly slow. If at least they had memory. The power seats are pain in the butt to adjust everytime driver changes.

Besides the leather seats are pointless in a performance car IMHO. I don't why people voluntarily choose to get burnt in summer (and get cold in winter, but this is alleviated by heated seats). Besides I don't feel like sliding in leather seat in turns - LGT is a performance car, after all.

And Subaru leather is so crappy and cheap, it can be compared to the vinyl in my 89 Civic.

^^ good points, but I think they are a little extreme. I actually like my leather seats in that they are easier to clean/keep clean. I find them quite comfortable, and since I am the only that drives my car then I do not have to adjust them all that often.

I also like the extra adjustability, and I hate that big lever that the manual ones have. Plus it does give it a nicer more upscale look.

Now if you want to see cheap leather, go see an Acura TL and read all the complains people have about the cheap leather ripping within months of owning it.

When it is cold, it does not really matter if it is leather or not, it is going to be COLD leather or not! But the heat is another story.

I would say people that live in a mostly hot climate should think twice about it.

X

---

I't not really the Luxury thing for me. We are having a baby in September so cleaning is the main issue. Little one spills her drink, it's easy to wipe off leather than having to steam clean the cloth. I'm sure someone want to save weigh or doesn't care about power seat or leather and the extra cash would probably buy some nice go fast parts.

As far as the power to the seats, if the harness is not there (which I think it should be as it's much easier to produce one harness) then all a power seat would need is +12V and GRND. Shouldn't be hard to rig it up.

On another note, is there any import drag racing or X cross going on is Salt LAke City on Saturday nights? I will be flying in to pickup my car there and was planning on driving back to Canada right away but if there is something to see, I may stay for the night.

Also, is COBB open on Saturdays? OR does anyone has an Accessport they want to get rid off?

I't not really the Luxury thing for me. We are having a baby in September so cleaning is the main issue. Little one spills her drink, it's easy to wipe off leather than having to steam clean the cloth

I have 2 kids, third due in November. This issue is addressed by a heavy duty nylon (woven, it's a cloth essentially, but thick) seat cover (from Pep Boys) that I cut to cover the bottom of the seat. Easy to wipe and can be taken out of the car in 30 seconds and washed if necessary. Sometimes you need to think out of the box.

For majority of the people it's the "luxury" thing that I despise. It's ridiculous. The leather is nice in RR or at least in S class Benz (and there it's the real nice leather, not the processed POS Subaru and others put in cheap cars like Legacy), where the owner often is (or should be) the passenger in the rear.

It leads to the marketing idiocy were you cannot get certain options without leather. Vide sunroof on Legacy (which I would not mind having if it was available with cloth upholstery).

Oh, yeah... :offtopic:

Also check out Classic Soft Trim

They will recover your cloth seats in leather and it looks like they already have a pattern set up for the Leggy. I had them do my Miata seats 4 years ago and have been extremely pleased with the result. Not cheap, though - my two Miata seats ran me $850 for two-tone leather. But it's probably a more viable option than a trade.

I've been very happy with the quality of the Subie leather so far. For me, it's a necessity: no kids, but my dog likes to ride shot-gun and she sheds more than any dog in canine history. Dog hair + closh seats = royal PITA. (And I've found that female types tend not to appreciate white dog hair all over their sexy black outfits!) But hey, even besides the dog, I have to say that I LIKE leather, and would have chosen it anyway.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived