LegacyGT.com

Water inside car

I just noticed today that my passanger foot well has water in it. The mat and carpeting is soaked. I used a wetvac to get the capter dry as possible and took the mat out. I noticed that there was water dripping from under the dash near the center of the car. To me it looks like it's coming from the AC since I've been running it all the time. Do you think the Subaru will replace the carpeting since it's been soaked for several hours and mildew could form since it looks like I might have a leaking AC unit?

I believe it's a common problem, some pipe from A/C gets blocked. Search.

I recall people were able to make Subaru replace carpeting as well.

there is a drain hole for the ac. it is near the down pipe. looks like a rubber hose poking out the fire wall. it is blocked and the water condensation has backed up and is now coming out the blower motor. bring it to the dealer. definatly warenty. water in the blower motor is definatly not a good thing, it may be damaged, water in your carpet and more importantly, the padding under neith can cause mold and mildew. it can also creat rust under neath. it is important that every thing get as dry as possible. go to the dealer let them wory about it

The earliest I can get to MY dealer is Wednesday. Does anybody know how long it will take them to correct this problem, carpet and all? I send an email to them requesting a loaner since I believe it will take several days.

yep clogged A/C drain hose/pipe. Very common problem. Leaves dirt and junk block it. Compressed air or the like usually clears it out. Get all the water dried out of your carpets though. Mold and Mildew throw a party with the dampness.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

I am havin this EXACT same problem. I got SOA to buy me some new carpet, haven't had them install it yet. It took them about 3 months to get the carpet in, although I think that may have been the dealership too, cuz it's been about 3 weeks just to get my touch up paint in. As for install time, they told me it would take a few hours to get it all done.

Archived