LegacyGT.com

What is that?

axis008

[img]http://easyfinder.atnext.com/images/next-photos/EasyFinder/607/640pixfolder/X607-067/X607-067-12.jpg[/img] What is that on the right of the steering wheel? I'm talking about the two roller switches. They aren't the heated seats since that's near the shifter. Hmm?? :?:
-ben

One is the display dimmer, and the other is the 'pitch'/height of the beam of the headlights. The knob in the middle is for the wing mirrors, and below that one switch is for folding in the wing mirrors and, i think, the other button is a defroster on the windscreen to unfreeze the wipers.

[quote name='PPower'][quote name='MSB']Ah, well if you americans will drive on the wrong side of the road.[/quote] Actually, we drive on the right side. It's you who drive on the left. :lol:[/quote] Boom, boom.... and cue the endless posts of the urban myths on why some drive on the left/right etc.

[quote name='MSB'][quote name='PPower'][quote name='MSB']Ah, well if you americans will drive on the wrong side of the road.[/quote] Actually, we drive on the right side. It's you who drive on the left. :lol:[/quote] Boom, boom.... and cue the endless posts of the urban myths on why some drive on the left/right etc.[/quote] I've actually always wondered why the difference. I'll take a McLaren F1 and just sit in the middle. :D

i saw something on the discovery channel that said it dated back to carriages/horses and how people would traditionally sit. Something like more horses in america and people would walk the horse on the right side of them, so when passing someone coming down the opposite road they'd stick to the right side so the horses wouldn't meet each other or something crazy like that. And the carriages in uk they would sit on the right side and pass on the left. I dunno the validity of that episode of whatever it was though, but ti was oin the disc channel

I think there are websites with reasons for the left/right thing. The US supposedly sit on the left, drive on the right, as Henry Ford felt it was easier to pull on the handbrake with your stornger right arm. The Japanese drive on the left as in old days the Samurai could pass each another and see that the others sword was still in its sheath. The French drive on the left as Napoleon was left handed and it was easier for him to dismount his horse, or they drove on the left as it was the opposite of what the English did!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived