LegacyGT.com

AUTOSPEED exhaust sound clip

elxkid

By popular demand, here is a clip of the infamous autospeed performance exhaust. So far just revving the engine in a garage maybe some further clips later on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHsOL4MSoHs]YouTube - Legacy GT Autospeed exhaust[/ame]

...sporting the hottest Legacy on the westside of my block:icon_bigg

no aftermarket RSB on my ride yet. The bracket relocation bars seemed to do the trick as far as stock rsb is concerned.

edit* the left muffler sat a bit lower than the right one so I had to kind of angle them down to get them somewhat even. They also accidentally sent me the prototype wagon exhaust so that might have contributed to that.

...sporting the hottest Legacy on the westside of my block:icon_bigg

• 6 months later...

I've got that exhaust on the way. Hope it arrives by Friday, so I can have a nice install weekend!

On the sway bars, I spoke with Sean @ RalliTek about the AVO bars, and they confirmed that the bar itself has the exact same bend pattern as the stock bar, so I think fitment won't be an issue. The AVO suspension kit was backordered, so it'll be likely two weeks before I have both on the car, but I'll post up once I do with a write up and some pix of the clearances under the car.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Not a sound clip, but here's some pix of my modified AutoSpeed TBE:

Before:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/ERLoft/2007%20Legacy%20Spec%20B/IMG_1657.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/ERLoft/2007%20Legacy%20Spec%20B/DSC_1067.jpg

After:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/ERLoft/2007%20Legacy%20Spec%20B/IMG_1856.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/ERLoft/2007%20Legacy%20Spec%20B/IMG_1855.jpg

Soooo, what happened? Well, there was little to no clearance on the Perrin 25mm RSB, even with the relocation brackets, so I talked to Paul @ Yimisport about modifying the Y pipe. I went up there last Friday and let me tell you, this wasn't nearly as easy an operation as either Paul or I thought. As you can likely see in the last pic, there's some unpolished stainless as part of the Y pipe. They ended up chopping off the old Y pipe flange and shortening the split, then welding it to a new flange. That moved the horizontal section of the exhaust forward of the RSB, getting us the clearance that we needed there. Then they put in new bends on the passenger's side and, because we had shortened the exhaust at the flange, added to each side. However, because the AutoSpeed seems to be some funky metric piping or similar, the new piping was just a hair off the old. To make matters worse, the new piping wouldn't fit into the muffler section, so they had to re-use the very tips of the old Y pipe so they'd mate up properly with the muffler. Finally the inner exhaust hanger on the passenger's side had to be extended so it's sit centered in the exhaust cutout.

Whew! I think I killed any of Paul's enthusiasm about doing custom exhaust work, so anyone in the area might consider alternatives, or at least be warned that as soon as you tell Paul 'exhasut' and 'LGT', he might just shake his head and walk away muttering to himself. :lol:

I'm going to a local place in LA this week to see about getting the welds sanded and the new sections polished to match the existing. Once that's done, I'll post up some new pix of the final product.

In any case, I'm now happy! :D With a huge thank you to Paul & Eric (Mr. TIG welder!) @ Yimisport! This is how the exhaust should've fit from the get go. I think it just looks so much better properly setup like this, that the relatively low cost of getting it modified is pretty easy to swallow. Especially as nice as it sounds!

I'll also try to take some clips of the sound, especially the WOT sound between shifts! :icon_twis Of course, it might sound so mean because it's not tuned yet and is running pig rich.... :p

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

that exhaust sits mad low to the ground...if i were you Id be careful about speed bumps.

It's mostly the camera angle. It's actually not much lower than stock. And with the new Y pipe, I might be able to get rid of the XL Kartboy hanger that the midpipe is using, which will tuck it up a bit higher...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm really looking to change the exhaust on my 07 spec.B. I was spoiled by a Boxster which had the intake about 3 feet behind my left ear, so I severely miss the sound of the engine/intake/exhaust while driving the spec.B.

Anyways, I was wondering, are the modifications done by ERLoft necessary then if I go with an Autospeed TBE? It doesn't sound like it fits very well without some modifications from what I am reading here.

Also, how does this affect factory warranty?

Lastly, how difficult of an install is this? Is this something I can do myself? I am really looking to learn and be able to do modifications like this myself.

Thanks for any info.

-cannis

The reason it doesn't fit so well with his is b/c of the AFTERMARKET rsb that he has...otherwise you will re-locate the stock bar, and mess around with it until it fits in the cutout. No need to modify as heavily as his was done.

Did you use the perrin relocation brackets or the ones that came with exhaust? I've got the 22mm bar and was waiting for someone to give some feedback. Do you think the 22 would have the same issues or provide enough clearance without the custom work?

>>...otherwise you will re-locate the stock bar, and mess around with it until it fits in the cutout. No need to modify as heavily as his was done<<

ive heard that some people didnt have to even use the sway bar relocator with the stock rsb.

Is this correct?

Archived