LegacyGT.com

First autocross with the STI

SWortham

This was in Mineral Wells, TX. It's the largest & fastest autox course I've ever raced on. I topped out 3rd gear at 80 mph on the back stretch.

I didn't do as well as I would've liked. This car is a completely different animal than what I'm used to. I need a lot more seat time to get the hang of it. Fortunately there are a couple of racing schools coming up where hopefully I can improve and break some bad habits.

But here's a video of one of my better runs:

http://www.gldomain.com/sti/autocross/2006...07-23)_run3.wmv

Heck yes, the Elantra has KW Variant 3 coilovers, Enkei 16x7" wheels, 205/50-16 Yokohama AVSES100's, upgraded rear sway bar, poly sway bar bushings, OEM Tiburon 11" brakes, CAI, etc. I was in SM due to my brakes and was stomped every time. ;)

...everything completely stock including tires...

It's not like the stock tires suck at all, so until you've decimated these there's no reason to change them out.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Compared to R-compounds they're not so good. But yeah, they wouldn't be too bad in STU.

There's a ton of racing coming up though so these tires probably won't last me too long, lol. When they're done I'll replace them with something 245mm wide.

Archived