LegacyGT.com

mufflers

waverunner

The stock mufflers have a triangular shape to them (if you hadn't found that out already). The inlet to the mufflers (after the "y-pipe") is about 1-7/8", IIRC. I put 2 Magnaflows (5"x8") with all new cat back piping (including removal of the stock resonator) 2-1/2" from the 3rd cat to the "y-pipe" and 2-1/4" into each of the mufflers. After all was said and done, my setup cost me less than 1/2 of what most cat-backs cost. Feel free to PM me if you'd like most detailed info.:icon_cool
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

The stock mufflers have a triangular shape to them (if you hadn't found that out already). The inlet to the mufflers (after the "y-pipe") is about 1-7/8", IIRC. I put 2 Magnaflows (5"x8") with all new cat back piping (including removal of the stock resonator) 2-1/2" from the 3rd cat to the "y-pipe" and 2-1/4" into each of the mufflers. After all was said and done, my setup cost me less than 1/2 of what most cat-backs cost. Feel free to PM me if you'd like most detailed info.:icon_cool

What was the model number of the magnaflows?? thanks

I wouldn't say alot louder, definately more aggressive than the Street Series due to less internal insulation. If you want other people to hear your exhaust = Street Series. If you want to hear it too = Race Series.

I wouldn't say alot louder, definately more aggressive than the Street Series due to less internal insulation. If you want other people to hear your exhaust = Street Series. If you want to hear it too = Race Series.

i have a similar setup, except 2.5" to the mufflers, and 14827 street series...i was contemplating switching out to race series mufflers, or getting rid of the mufflers altogether...

^^ I did my cat-back exhaust first and was satisfied with the sound, but later I got a downpipe and my car was pretty loud. I recently added a Magnaflow resonator to tone things down a bit.

Archived