LegacyGT.com

Moron-OH

Well...Went to the Nissan Dealership to find out the details of buying out the lease on the wife's 03 Pathfinder (I loved that truck)....and to make a long story short...drove home in a newly leased Murano.

When we were shopping, I just kept saying "this is your car and I want you to pick out the one you want...It doesn't matter what I think." I figure those words will come back to haunt her a few years from now when I'm ordering a new Corvette.

First impressions leave me very pleased. Although the styling isn't my favorite, the interior, ride, handling (for an "SUV") and features are fantastic. This will be a great car for road trips on the highway. It's also the perfect "SUV" for someone like my wife who uses 4WD for snow. To her, "offroading" means driving across a grass parking lot at 3 MPH.

The CVT transmission is really wierd. In slow, around-town driving, it never passes 1500 RPM, but the car continues to accelerate. It's wild how it just gains speed at a set RPM. It seems like a really good idea. I can't wait to punch it from a standing start and see what happens - will have to get some miles on the engine first.

Having the new car gave me a good excuse to wash up my GT and install my new Momo shift knob - I'll have to take some interior pics. I may cut the length of the shifter lever down b/c the Momo knob I got is taller than the stock one (has anyone done this?)

Anyway, how long do you guys figure I have before she gets tired of me calling it the Moron-OH? I'm guessing it will take less than 39 months.

silvercars1.thumb.jpg.4e3d861ea18a5ad46f927c0fc06ea523.jpg

I drove one as a rental from NYC through upstate NY about a month ago, and it was a GREAT car! I didn't want to like it, because I think the styling sort of sucks (especially the rear end), but it steering was tight, gas mileage was good, and it was really comfortable and well put together.

And as a former Nissan owner, I think you'll appreciate the buid quality. Had a Frontier 4X4 for about 4 years prior to the Legacy, and never had eveon ONE problem...

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

Archived