LegacyGT.com

Speeds while driving on the freeway..

axis008

Anyways.... 110 on the 5?!? Wow... Driving up to Davis I couldn't go over 80 :(. I feel like a pansy, but at least my wallet ain't hurtin'. Did you slow down after seeing that cop in your rearview?

The last thing I ever do is hit my brakes with a cop behind me... that's pretty much a signal to them: "Hey, I know I'm speeding and I see you back there!" :) I had my cruise control on, so I just pressed the button to disengage it when I saw him. He didn't even look over at me when he passed me. I was in my '00 Accord V6, so 110 doesn't feel that fast in those cars... and on the 5, going that fast with nobody around you feels slower than it is, too. I'll just chalk this up to being lucky. The only thing I've ever been pulled over for is when I had my ricer Stanley blue headlight bulbs and tint on my first Civic. Cop was cute, but I have no game, and got the fix-it ticket. :lol:

-Mike

^^that would be more of a 30 days license suspension

plus overnight in the slamma :lol:

but... its real easy to pull 80 in the lgt...but im not always comfortable doing that...depend on the traffic...i almost always never completely stay in the "passing" lane...stay in the next lane over and you should be good...

both speeding tickets i have gotten were stupid mistakes that i was just unlucky about, first was when i first for the lgt and i was trying to see how powerfull second was on a main street by work...second was on pch, a fairlady flew by me, and my reaction was holy hell i gotta see that car (wanted the car since i was 5) needless to say we both got pulled

but i have hit close to 130 on the lgt

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

as long as you're going with the pace of traffic, you're good. although my sister got a ticket and she said that's what she was doing. but i dont believe her. i've never gotten a speeding ticket on a freeway. and at some times i tend to speed >80. as long as you're watching out when you're really speeding. if it's 10-15 over nobody cares. but if the traffics slow and you're jumping around trying to weave, that's a different story. then you gotta watch out.

i roll stop signs all the time but that's at ones i know arent busy or cop monitored. it's too annoying to full stop and then have to start again. damn manual trans + commuting.

oh, lastly, i saw a bright orange civic with altezza's getting pulled over on the 91 and he was probably a bit reckless but you gotta know if your car looks like you're a punk kid, they're gonna be stricter with you. that's just how it is.

Archived