LegacyGT.com

Stuck inside while it's raining everywhere.....

I went out and played yesterday in the rain and as a Subie newbie it was pretty cool...great traction all around. I was wondering why everyone else was driving so slow...still learnin the vehicles limits and how the weight shifts in the turns. I am coming off a 95 prelude which was pretty good in the corners but sucked in the rain.

I went out and played yesterday in the rain and as a Subie newbie it was pretty cool...great traction all around. I was wondering why everyone else was driving so slow...still learnin the vehicles limits and how the weight shifts in the turns. I am coming off a 95 prelude which was pretty good in the corners but sucked in the rain.

I've gotten mine into a four wheel drift racing a Formula Trans am, we were on twistees heading out to the freeway... I lucked out and beat him off the holeshot, and he caught me just as we entered the twistees... but I would pull away in tight turns and then he would catch back up on sweeping turns or short straightaways... I hit the freeway on ramp at about 45mph and kept my foot in it... Tires screaming and the car drifted from the inside of the turn all the way across the ramp to the outside, I had to back off the throttle and the car just snapped into a nice line coming out of the turn floored it as i exited the corner, you could see the tire smoke at the top of the ramp still... but the trans am wasn't there... That's because he had took advantage of the straight away as we hit the freeway... Shot by me on the outside like I was parked..... That thing was fast when it hit the freeway.. but to heavy in the corners...:lol:

We stopped at the first rest area and he came over and started asking me what had I done to the legacy... It's just a 05' 2.5i I've done nothing to the car yet.... It just handles extremely well, I assume that's because of the awd... (got to look under the hood of the Trans Am.. It has a 5.7liter supercharged v8 in it... (not stock) when he would try to keep up with me in the tight corners his rear end would break loose and he had to fight to keep from swapping ends. The Legacy does tend to push in the corners, but you ease out of the gas and it slingshots like it's glued to the road.

Tried the same section again against a friend who has an Impreza WRX STi... He lost me before we hit the second corner... When I got to the freeway he was standing by his car at the bottom of the on ramp waiting for me to catch up... That thing is Insanely fast...:eek:

But wait till you get a chance to drive it in sloppy stuff.... I've driven mine in very soft sand with everyone else stuck and it didn't flinch... But I want to try it up north in the snow...

Have to laugh. It's raining "monkeys and baboons...." in "sunny Florida and it's clear and sunny in "rainy" Illinois. It was so nice outside today that I took my wife out for a 50 mile (round-trip) ride just to get lunch.

Hope the meds do their stuff and that your "back in the saddle" soon.

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

Well, it sounds like good medication if it makes you describe heavy precipitation as "raining monkeys and baboons" but if it were REALLY good you wouldn't care that you're stuck inside. ;)

Vicodin, two tabs every 6 hours... for back injury.

When it's really bad they put me on a morphine pump.... then you don't care about anything... Your neighbor could come over and tell you that pink elephants were dancing on your car and you wouldn't care....:D

Have to laugh. It's raining "monkeys and baboons...." in "sunny Florida and it's clear and sunny in "rainy" Illinois. It was so nice outside today that I took my wife out for a 50 mile (round-trip) ride just to get lunch.

Hope the meds do their stuff and that your "back in the saddle" soon.

thanx...

Yeah... I don't understand it... We just moved here last October, (just in time for Hurricane wilma..) which is the start of the rainy season, which is winter... and it almost never rained.... Then Summer hits, Which is NOT the rainy season... and it rains almost every day... plus you get lots, and I do mean lots, of lightening. Just peeked off the balcony and the back yard is flooded... and the sky over the ocean is lit up like the Fourth of July... "Pretty":spin:

thanx...

... plus you get lots, and I do mean lots, of lightening. Just peeked off the balcony and the back yard is flooded... and the sky over the ocean is lit up like the Fourth of July... "Pretty":spin:

Hope you've got a GOOD surge protector and UPS on your computer. Where I live we've got "above ground" power lines and several neighbors have had their various electronics fried in electrical storms. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I have a "whole house" surge protector on the power panel as well as "high -joule" surge protecting UPS units on all of the computers.

Hope your rain stops soon.

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

Hope you've got a GOOD surge protector and UPS on your computer. Where I live we've got "above ground" power lines and several neighbors have had their various electronics fried in electrical storms. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I have a "whole house" surge protector on the power panel as well as "high -joule" surge protecting UPS units on all of the computers.

Hope your rain stops soon.

Thanks everybody....

I have my Home Theater on Monster Home Theater power center, and home theater UPS...

For my computers I use APC battery backups, 1 for my server and one for our main pc and Xbox360...:icon_mrgr

I had an electrical storm fry a pc before.... Never again....

Got out of the house today to take my Subaru in for a new rim... (free sube replacement.) Had my Legacy washed and waxed.... and guess what... on the way home it starts raining,... Bad:mad:...

But it was fun... get on the freeway and not have the car slow down suddenly when you hit water. Hit the twistees on the road between the freeway and the beach... and no sliding or anything. WooHoo...

Stedler

Archived