LegacyGT.com

Cusco Rear Strut Brace Install

• 1 month later...

ive had the front cusco tower bar installed since i had the car and noticed it stiffened up the car a bit, especially noticeable around turns. now with the rear strut bar installed as of yesterday, i was able to take a few fast corners and also noticed that it did feel different. i felt more confident going through the turn with ease and the vehicle felt more stable and smoother with less of a tilt going into and out of the turn. may have just been my head tho...but i like it :). now i just have to get the f/rsb and 2 lab's on... :/ it's gonna be more of a pain for sure...

-mark

Guest subiecity
i just bought the ones off ebay....both front and rear.... SAMEEE SHIT my car is stiffer it was worth the 20 bucks for both lol...i also piked up the angel eyes for like 40 bucks eventually gonna get the oem gold cross drilled slotted rotars that are like 50 bucks...ebay rules

• 2 weeks later...
I know you guys prolly think im crazy for this but I have Swifts on my OB and I have installed F/R SBs (IPD set) and the front tower bar(Cusco). I noticed that the car is pushing a lot more that it did before I installed the F tower bar. Now that I know that I can install the rear I think I might just buy the Ebay one. I have heard that the front/rear lower arm bar is a note worthy mod. and the Whiteline steering rack bushing set is on the way.

Guest subiecity
i have both the front and rear strut bar.....defintily a huge differnce under harsh handleing, i have the front and rear struts and HnR springs to stiffen up suspension.....i have just about no body roll whatsoever

• 7 months later...

sorry to bring back this old thread. i'm considering buying the front and rear strut braces for my sedan. from other threads, most people said these braces don't do much but then a few people in this thread said they've made a "huge difference." either way, i think for less than $80 for two braces, you can't go wrong.

i'm about to buy these from autobacs1 on ebay. can anyone comment on the actual quality of these bars? what are they replicas of? they kind of look like the Cusco ones but the Cusco ones have closed loop mounts and the ebay ones are open. also to install these properly, do you need to jack up your car? how much torque is needed to tighten the bolts?

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Well if anyone is interested it does appear to stiffen up the chassis a bit. I noticed turn in was sharper and the rear a tad more planted. I did both front/rear with an set I got off ebay.

I'm sure a sway bar is 100% different, but that's the next thing for me.

Archived