LegacyGT.com

Performance Mods: The G-Box Performance Module

I assume this is another overpriced, under-useful resistor?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Next Level Performance

Looks legit - i've seen similar things like this before, and looks similar to the CPE stuff that mess with the MAF readings to tweak more power out of NA cars. Just intercepts the signal before it hits the ECU, spits out a different value to trick the ECU into a new fuel mixture to create more power. At least, thats how i think it works in a nutshell.

fine for an NA application where you dont have a lot of options - not a good idea for the turbo models when you can buy an AP and actually tweak the ECU to do what you want it to do.

oh, and for thier claim that this won't void the warranty --- well i promise that if you go into the dealership with this on your car complaining about any engine related issues..... I think we all know what the dealer is actually going to say.

It seems that they make one for every car out there, but I bet if you check the part numbers for the Subi and ohh say a ford, they will be the same...

Be careful... I don't think there is such a thing as "cheap" horsepower... But that is just my $.02...

oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had unfortunate dealings with "him". After talking to some people I decided to give it a try. I placed the order. Then I thought, what am I doing? This is a bunch of crap and I am falling for it. So I canceled the order. He sent it anyway and billed me. I contacted "him" again and said I am sending it back and I want a refund. I sent it back and when he got it he claimed it was damaged (which was impossible due to the packing). So, he sent me another "to honor his warranty". I filed a complaint with both the BBB and some Penn. consumer affairs office. I had really good evidence too but I lost my claim. So now I am stuck with this stupid electrode. So in my opinion, don't do it because the dude is a scum bag and because after further research, it does not work.....believe me I did my best to smear this guy's reputation in every automotive forum I could find. What an a-hole this guy is. By the way, he was never man enough to actually answer his phone. All communication was left on voice mail then backed up by email. if he was a reputable business he would have just refunded me in my opinion instead of playing games.

oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had unfortunate dealings with "him". After talking to some people I decided to give it a try. I placed the order. Then I thought, what am I doing? This is a bunch of crap and I am falling for it. So I canceled the order. He sent it anyway and billed me. I contacted "him" again and said I am sending it back and I want a refund. I sent it back and when he got it he claimed it was damaged (which was impossible due to the packing). So, he sent me another "to honor his warranty". I filed a complaint with both the BBB and some Penn. consumer affairs office. I had really good evidence too but I lost my claim. So now I am stuck with this stupid electrode. So in my opinion, don't do it because the dude is a scum bag and because after further research, it does not work.....believe me I did my best to smear this guy's reputation in every automotive forum I could find. What an a-hole this guy is. By the way, he was never man enough to actually answer his phone. All communication was left on voice mail then backed up by email. if he was a reputable business he would have just refunded me in my opinion instead of playing games.

damn!... well sucks that you had to go through that - but at least there will be other people who can use your experience to save themselves from the hassle.

that really sucks though - i can't believe how sleezy some of these people are - they'll do anything to take our money.

it's a resistor that makes the car thinks it's colder outside than it really is

totally with this, air inlet temp sensor.

sure it will give something but u will lose mpg big time.

+ this is were it could not start......... dumps fuel big time then plugs get wet no start its all over!!

Let's see who among us can identify what's fundamentally wrong with this picture:

Courtesy of the G-Box.

are you referring to the fact that it takes place over 1000rpm or the fact that that amount of change could simply be variance from run to run...?

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived