LegacyGT.com

Repainting my BG.........

Ok, so I've been thinking about it for a while and I REALLY want to repaint my BG Red. It's Silver right now.

How difficult do you think it would be to have the whole wagon painted Red?? I'm talking Engine bay, door jams, etc.

Also, how much do you think it would cost me??

Thanks in advance for everyones advice/input :)

:munch:

I'd say 3k+ to repaint everything at a good quality shop. Might be more if they have to strip the interior and remove the motor. I know some shops require that you remove the motor/interior yourself before bringing it to them.

If you're serious, let me know. I know a body shop that specializes in show cars.

OK so here's the pitch.

In about a week or so I will be taking my car to Garage Tuning to do a swap. Now a couple of months ago i was in a minor accident, it was me slightly rear-ending a blazer. There was some front end damage.

So when I take it to Garage Tuning I'm having them Pull the engine, because they're going to do it anyways for the swap. After they pull the engine I'm taking it to a Body shop that Kevin (Garage Tuning) has dealt with, and that's close to him (Laguna Hills). Since the Engine will already be out I figured that it would be an opportune time to have the whole car repainted.

So that's my situation :)

:munch:

Got it! I say if you are willing to spend that chunk of money on a different color, go for it. Just make sure you find a color you will be happy cruising around with. I know ppl who don't like what color their cars has been repainted to.
-ben

• 1 year later...

Archived