LegacyGT.com

Calling all OZ Superleggeras Owners

Dazma

Just picked up a set of 18x8 Superleggaras in Silver and had a few questions for you guys

What size/brane tires are you running?

I currently have 225 on them but they seemed stretched on the rim. I would imagine you can get 245 on there easily but then clearance on the front gaurds look like an issue .... thoughts?

What lug nuts are you using?

I have them on with the stock ones but should i switch to something else?

Many of you have done springs. Have you faced any rubbing issues and what is your spring set up.

thanks ... Ill post some pics later today after I wash the car

I just got a set of the same wheels from eBay, I put a set of 225/40/18 Kumho Ecstas on and they seem fine. I haven't lowered yet, but I will be doing next week hopefully, I considered 245's too, but it's a big jump in price over the 225's.

I have the McGard lug nuts, love them, just not sure about the key that came with them, seems a little fragile to me.

you are gonne probably want to roll the fender with 245

i'd stay with 235

btw, i'm gettin SSR GT2 18x8.5!!!

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Im running 225/40/18 Kumho ASX on my 18x8 with McGard splines and a lock. Im running Tein H-Techs with zero rubbing issues.

http://www.polishdude.com/subaru/low.jpg

http://www.polishdude.com/subaru/low4.jpg

I just picked up a set of Superleggeras through ebay also and am curious about tires. I'm getting a set of Swift Springs to drop the car and would really like to run 235/40 18 for tires but am I going to have an issue with rubbing and clearance because I dont know if I want to roll the fenders or anything like that. The 225/40 18 is looking a little thin on the sidewall to be driven in the NYC area.

Looks great...I ordered a set from ebay and have some 235/40/18's on there so I will be able to give you and idea of how the fit...I am running an interesting set-up with a set of JDM springs on the front and stock on the back...it worked out nice as it maintains the ride (which I need in the city) ... it gives me two fingers in the front and back...good balance...although i do have a set of Wagon specific "Sti Pinks" with the extra seats to raise the rear a bit that i may put on sooner than later...depend on how it feels...aslo runnng the Cobb front sway and waiting for the new and improved Cobb rear sway to arrive to put it all together...

Thanks for the pics and nice deal!!!! Good on ya!

J

Looks great...I ordered a set from ebay and have some 235/40/18's on there so I will be able to give you and idea of how the fit...I am running an interesting set-up with a set of JDM springs on the front and stock on the back...it worked out nice as it maintains the ride (which I need in the city) ... it gives me two fingers in the front and back...good balance...although i do have a set of Wagon specific "Sti Pinks" with the extra seats to raise the rear a bit that i may put on sooner than later...depend on how it feels...aslo runnng the Cobb front sway and waiting for the new and improved Cobb rear sway to arrive to put it all together...

Thanks for the pics and nice deal!!!! Good on ya!

J

Sounds interesting ... make sure you post some pics.

Well thanks guys...I will get som better shots today hopefully...let me know anytime...I live right downtown...we have some other very cool guys up here as well...

It's funny about the drop as I am running a bit of a different set-up ... I have got a set of JDM sedan springs and installed them about a month ago...when I did my Cobb front and rear sways....I loved the way the front felt but with my wagon and auto the rear springs had no chance in addition to the Cobb rsb clunking issues...so I had the tech at "Rocket Rally" (Great shop here in Squamish - Rocket Rally Racing ) put my stock springs and RSB back on the rear for the time being...

The result...the JDM front evened out the wheel gap...I now have 2 1/2 fingers front and rear...the ride is plush but great for city driving with all the freakin bumps etc...and the highway is pretty good...I think it will be more than great once I get the new and improved COBB rsb bak and on...right now it pushes up front too much...

I do have a set of wagon specific pinks ready to go on with the extra rear seats to adjust the rear ride height but for now this will work...with the my new Superlegarras I have the 235/40/18 and they seem to fill thinkgs up great...2 fingers all the way around...I do still get the squat on take off though!

I will keep you guys posted...interesting dicovery though!

...and thanks for the compliments...I am happy!

J

darren, your car will look like that if you lower it!

Im Looking into some tien Flex Coilovers at the moment with the EDFC for on the fly udjustability. I really like the idea of being able to soften up the ride for around town and stiffen it for the twisties ... and having adjustable ride height so I can jack it back up for the winter.

I have to agree with Phil T ... these wheels are all Class in silver on the Legacy ... they look perfect ... well done everyone.

they are adjustable ride height

but its major PITA!!!!

i wanted tien flexs but little bit outta my price range

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Archived