LegacyGT.com

0-60 time

I noticed that in the most recent Road and Track (comp. vs. the Acura) the 0-60 time is like 5.6, which is nice to boast, but does anyone know if this is correct? I've seen 5.9 in a Subaru dealership and 6.1 some other random place... I noticed that they were driving a Limited GT in the mag, but that's no faster than the regular GT, right?

0-60 is a difficult time to measure. differences in weather, road surface, tire condition, will vary the times. Also the method used will change the time. Also notice when C&D does a long term. Sometime the car is faster, sometimes slower. AWD gives a more predictable launch, and eliminates low-traction acceleration. That's why the times are lower than the HP numbers would suggest. I tend to figure that if two cars are within a half-second of each other, then they are practically the same. The only time \I compare directly, is when there is a comparison. Aka, the Legacy is that much faster than the other cars in the test. The comparison ensures same conditions for each car. just my $.02

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='kanoswrx'][quote name='KayGT']The GT ltd is actually slower than the GT base because of the added weight.[/quote] Yeah, maybe like .05 or at the most .1 seconds slower, its not that much heavier[/quote] True, I remember people ragging on the WRX wagon because it was 80 pounds heavier than the sedan. I never lost to a sedan.

[quote name='kanoswrx'][quote name='KayGT']The GT ltd is actually slower than the GT base because of the added weight.[/quote] Yeah, maybe like .05 or at the most .1 seconds slower, its not that much heavier[/quote] GT (5MT) - 3300lbs GT LTD (5MT) - 3365 Conclusion: teh srt-4 is fastAr!!!!1111

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='iamEJ25']haha, irrelevance > j00!!1![/quote] It's not irrelevant, they way almos the same and the fact is the SRT-4 is fastAr so we shouldn't even be comparing. :P[/quote] SRT=Sexual Reorientation Therapy?

:lol: Nice Jedi. If I could count all of the wagon versus sedan, which is fastar threads I've seen on numerous forums, I'd probably be rich. The number is only as good of a driver and how far one is willing to push their toy.

[quote name='jedimaster'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='iamEJ25']haha, irrelevance > j00!!1![/quote] It's not irrelevant, they way almos the same and the fact is the SRT-4 is fastAr so we shouldn't even be comparing. :P[/quote] SRT=Sexual Reorientation Therapy?[/quote] 4 times.

[quote name='jedimaster'][quote name='kanoswrx'][quote name='KayGT']The GT ltd is actually slower than the GT base because of the added weight.[/quote] Yeah, maybe like .05 or at the most .1 seconds slower, its not that much heavier[/quote] True, I remember people ragging on the WRX wagon because it was 80 pounds heavier than the sedan. I never lost to a sedan.[/quote] Exactly; because of you want to get technical then you have to add the weight of your fat A$$. If you were 400lbs and I was 110lbs than...... Well you get my point.

Archived