LegacyGT.com

Size Of EGT Sensor in UP PIPE

G.T.Subie

Ok since its near impossible to find a bolt the correct length what we do…Put two nuts on the bolt all the way up. Put the bolt in the uppipe till it bottoms out (lightly), then back it out a ¼ turn and put the first nut down flush with the uppipe. Then use the second nut as a jam nut against the first bolt.

If you EVER want to get this out use some antiseize :icon_wink

I’m not sure what brand uppipe you have but on the ones I have done the bung that holds the bolt doesn’t go all the way through the uppupe but rather has a smaller hole at the end that allows just the tip of the sensor to pass through. So the bolt will never enter the flow of the air in the uppipe. You can see it when the uppipe is out.

I've had my stock EGT sensor in since fitting my PDE UP almost a year ago.

There is no greater risk of it breaking off now than there was before.

Yes I know it's redundant as the cat it is supposed to protect has gone, but it's a good indication of the state of your tune without going to the trouble of fitting an aftermarket sensor in the headers.

Yes I know it's redundant as the cat it is supposed to protect has gone, but it's a good indication of the state of your tune without going to the trouble of fitting an aftermarket sensor in the headers.

so you hooked it up to an egt gauge? how accurate is the reading from that location?

Actually, there is a greater risk, as the increased flow due to no catalyst, puts more stress on the long probe. I've seen the results...not too gentle on the turbo impeller.

Archived