LegacyGT.com

HID Flicker

PimpFro

Ok this is driving me nuts. My driverside headlight every now and then when i run over a small bump ie very small pothole or pulling out of a driveway, it will knock out my light. i mean all i have to do is hit another one and hope it comes back on or i just stop the car and tap on the headlight and it will come back on. Any idea what the hell is causing this and has anybody else had the same problem? any help would be nice thanks guys

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

loose wiring...

diagnose the problem,

turn on lights

open hood

test all parts of the wiring and see there the weak point is(or what causes the flicker)

at that point decide what you want to do, my suggestion is to always hardwire the kit, mine is and no problems for me...

cliff notes: its a connection problem

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Definitely sounds like a loose connection on the driver's side.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

I have had the XTEC's for about 9 months. I notice that the beam pattern will sometimes kind of "jiggle" over large bumps, but they don't flicker or cut out ever.

+1 for a loose connection somewhere...Definitely re-trace your connections first. Otherwise maybe you have a faulty component. Sorry that suks.

Damn it!!!!! Stupid connectors yeah it was a loose wire.. i think i remember OC telling me bout this problem hahaha anyways doing a hardwire job. thanks a ton for the input ppl. So happy i have been on these forums since i purchased my LGT..two years ago..... wow!!! Thanks guys...i need to donate too what the hell is my problem....mutter mutter..(wanders off still mumbling to self)

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

its your bulb! happend to me also! i did the whole wiring again try to fix the problem and it was the bulb! go and buy another set of bulb and it will fix the problem!

and your first post is incorrect :trolls::stupid::hide:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

well im sorry im not a troll and im not a little kid.

i havent post nothing on this site for the simple fact i join to see fact and details about this car. since my wife wanted one i had to do some research

on the hid problem i had the same problem on my car,i hit any bumps and i would flicker . i troubleshoot the entire car all the wiring , looked for any lose connection since i have had solder all the wiring for the hid system i was looking for any crack conection.

after hours and new wiring , still the same. replace the bulb and i havent had a problem.

listen you can try it and see if it work. if it doesnt then you can resell those new bulbs on ebay.

:lol:

i havent post nothing on this site for the simple fact i join to see fact and details about this car. since my wife wanted one i had to do some research

on the hid problem i had the same problem on my car,i hit any bumps and i would flicker . i troubleshoot the entire car all the wiring , looked for any lose connection since i have had solder all the wiring for the hid system i was looking for any crack conection.

after hours and new wiring , still the same. replace the bulb and i havent had a problem.

listen you can try it and see if it work. if it doesnt then you can resell those new bulbs on ebay.

take it teasy mang...no worries, just trying to liven up this place:lol: ...no harm meant

Dude, we have many different types of humor on here. I felt the same way when I first joined, but like EVO said, "tryin to lighten up the place".

We are a tough crowd, but you'll learn to love us:icon_mrgr

:icon_mad: Son of a B#tch :icon_mad: So i pullled my car into my bay (i work at a body shop) and turn on the headlights to look at the problem..... the one i was having problems with is F%cking strobing...now i know this problem... my ballist is out!!!!! oh well i guess i am running stocks for a little while...

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

:icon_mad: Son of a B#tch :icon_mad: So i pullled my car into my bay (i work at a body shop) and turn on the headlights to look at the problem..... the one i was having problems with is F%cking strobing...now i know this problem... my ballist is out!!!!! oh well i guess i am running stocks for a little while...

can i ask how you exactly kow its your balast?

can i ask how you exactly kow its your balast?

Well cause the point of the Ballist is to boost the power so that the HID's can light up correctly. (please correct me if i am wrong though) Anyways i can get the HID on that side to light up (no strobe) if i add power to the positive side. At first i thought it might be a bad ground but by adding a direct ground source to the Negative side of it (where the harness connacts to the Factory Headlight Harness) it did not take care of the problem so scratch that. the only other possibility is that somehow the HID's had messed up the factory headlight switch for that side only which i am about to test by putting the factory lights back in. If it works fine then i know its the Ballist for sure. If it were the light itself it would not light up at all when adding extra power it would continue to strobe. Ok so i did a bit more investigation into it. it wasn't one of those... Oh strobbing?...Gee its gotta be the Ballist, Kinda things :lol: i will post again in a sec when i put the factory back in.

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

AHHHHHH Son of a monkey loving maniac i gotta trace wiring now cause something only on that side is causing a short!!!! With the factory light in the brights are lit up just barely so somehow my switch might be messed up or i dunno a short is happening somewhere ...not fun to do this.. i totally got myself into this mess anybody have any suggestions???? anybody please

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

Wow so the strobe thing was just a damn fuse.... lame!!!! weird wiring thing for Subaru though cause the headlight was drawing power from the high beam and wasn't getting enough causing the storbe effect, i put the factory light in and the high beams were on... barely and so was the factory light(barely) WTF kinda wiring is that? i figured the power for Highs and standards would be separated? so i replace the fuse and did the hardwire and everything is working great again. NO FLICKER!!!!! YEAH!!!!! this guy is super happy now thanks a ton ppl especially thanks to lookslikeanevo you helped talk to me the whole time go moral support

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

Archived