LegacyGT.com

Help! replacing momo shift knob..

eb50

any magic in getting the rubber stopper from my current knob out? i tried using needle nose and cant figure out how to take the whole knob apart, any magic would be appreciated. TIA

nm... figured it out. nothing like gf's tweezers.

I've successfully done it. Use at your own risk though.

It's hard to get out because: 1) rubber rubbing on sidewalls, 2) hard to grab, 3) I think it actually makes a suction, resisting pull out.

I sprayed a little WD40 in, sticking a semi-sharp pointed object, like a shishkabob skewer, down to push the rubber away from the wall to allow WD40 to get down past the stopper. I then used the pointed object to "break the suction" while, with a long flathead screwdriver, I pushed inside the rubber stopper and pulled it up, prying it out. I tried to be careful to avoid tearing the rubber.

Bottom line, it worked.

it is for mt and you are welcome to buy it... but u dont even konw what it looks like.. lol. let me see if i can find a picture. i would be looking for 35 shipped. its less than 2 months old

hmm no pics at this time. its momo, all chrome, with a brown and tan wood grain thin band around the center of it. i swapped it out cuz it gets super super hot in the sun, the problem with all metal plated knobs. i have moved to a cf momo knob, hoping that it doesnt get too hot or ill go back to stock, in which case ill ahve 2 knobs to sell. for F/S sale in the coming days

edit: oh and i finally got the rubber stopper out of the old knob, and low and behold, it was too wide for the new knob. waste of time. now to find my original package of stoppers althought e-tape appears to be doing the job just fine

Archived