LegacyGT.com

Instant Gratification

ralphyralph5

I pulled the trigger and had 225/45/17 Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's mounted monday morning!!! WOW, what a difference from the RE-92's! This morning, I got a chance to take a road that I LOVE(nice & curvy). Didn't hear a single "peep"/"moan"/"cry" from the Rosso's(compared to the B*$@#-92's).

These are my first high performance summer tires ever so i'm not accustomed to the rise in effort needed to turn the wheel, but it's ok.

*The ride is actually a little more comfortable, I guess it's due to the higher sidewall.

*Braking has also improved

*I don't notice a difference in road noise but that could be b/c of the exhaust.

Don't have any negatives as of right now but i'll keep updating as time progresses.

Are you running stock wheels? Any pics w/ new tires on?

Thought about running 205/50/17, which are what the Leggys are using for '06 vs. 215/45/17 for the '05. The stock '06 tires have no rim protector, which makes them look not-so low profile. Wonder how yours look. Fill the wheel wells good?

There aren't any negatives for you, until the colder weather comes along :). Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks Boss!

BTW, Winter shoes coming next month:icon_wink

NYtoVT pics coming soon. They fill the wells in pretty well but they don't look very low-pro anymore.

They fill the wells in pretty well but they don't look very low-pro anymore.

Yeah, I don't want my wagon's tires to look low pro too much. Plus not wanting to look like I need to lower it if the tires fill in well. Thanks for pics.

According to this link, I may use the 205/50/17 for snows.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4426

Are you running stock wheels? Any pics w/ new tires on?

Thought about running 205/50/17, which are what the Leggys are using for '06 vs. 215/45/17 for the '05. The stock '06 tires have no rim protector, which makes them look not-so low profile. Wonder how yours look. Fill the wheel wells good?

Ah, are you sure? I thought 2.5i run 205/50/17, 2005/2006 GT should be the same. No?

Nope. At least not on the GT wagons I've seen at my dealer.

2.5i is 16" w/ a 17" option... the GT wheel/tire.

I bought my '05 LGT wagon in Feb '06. I noticed the '06 LGT's tire profile were different... they were Yokohamas w/ no rim protector. At closer look, I also notice the different series of the 17"... 205/50/17.

I'd guess the Bridgestones' 215/45/17 suck so bad for '05, they switched to the yokohamas' 205/50/17 for '06.

But as far as what I'd run, I guess money's always a factor. If it's a good deal then I'd go for it.

All 06 2.5i's come with the same 17in wheels as the GT standard with the 205/50 Yokos, as far as i know the GT still come with the 215/45 Bridgestone's

Tolly

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Archived